Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Senior Accountant in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
Under direct supervision, the Senior Accountant performs routine accounting reviews, processes and reporting. May specialize in areas of foreign currency and/or international accounting.
1. Perform month end responsibilities including pre-close processes, journal entries and post-close routines
2. Prepare, review and input journal entries (including accruals)
3. Track, record and analyze investment activity
4. Book entries for all intercompany corporate funding
5. Review all intercompany accounts for consolidation at quarter end
6. Account for complex intercompany loans
7. Prepare entries and budget for intercompany interest
8. Prepare monthly/quarterly account reconciliations
9. Account for capital leases
10. Prepare quarterly reports and schedules
11. Prepare quarterly roll forward schedules
12. Preparation of footnotes for 10Q and 10K
13. Governmental/census reporting
14. Assist in preparation of procedural documentation as appropriate.
15. Account for Executive Compensation
16. Assist accounting team as needed
17. Perform other various duties as needed
* BS in Accounting from an accredited institution
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in related field
* Minimum of 3 years of experience and a strong working knowledge of US GAAP
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Knowledge of arithmetic and statistics, and their applications.
* Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and regulations related to accounting and generally accepted accounting procedures
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN