About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new global venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
About The Role
This role will manage the daily business operations of the direct-to-consumer business of Discovery Golf. This will include analyzing data on the business and making actionable recommendations to improve performance, managing business relationships with digital partners, coordinating with regional Discovery offices, and managing vendors and suppliers.
The role is analytical and will require modeling and quantitative research/analysis. Experience in subscription businesses and/or sports media preferred.
1. Business modelling/planning and analysis of the direct-to-consumer business across countries and platforms
2. Coordination of internal and external data sources to support business analysis
3. Supporting Discovery relationships with digital partners and distribution outlets in multiple countries
4. Developing strategy to support coordination of Discovery Golf strategy with regional Discovery offices
5. Creating strategic presentations, business updates, memos and other communications to board/senior management
6. Other ad hoc support on digital strategic initiatives
* Financial/quantitative modelling proficiency
* Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills, logical reasoning and intellectual curiosity
* Consumer mindset and passion for digital media and sport
* Proven capability in sourcing data and conducting research, and verifying and interrogating data
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
* Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
* Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced international environment
* Experience working at a leading consulting firm, investment bank, media or technology business
* Experience in subscription businesses and understanding of subscription economics
* Experience working in the sports or digital media industries preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY