Discovery Inc. is the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer reaching 2.7 billion subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories. Already a leader in the factual and lifestyle genres, Discovery has expanded its core business into new genres: sports, entertainment and kids. Its platforms and product eco-systems are now engaged in terrestrial/free-to-air, OTT products and content development/production companies.
The Executive Assistant role will support leaders and work with teams across Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
The Executive Assistant oversees and manages the office of the executive, providing high level administrative support to the team.
1. Create and manage executive(s) schedule
2. Perform administrative duties and support day to day operations for the team
3. Type and compose drafts, forms, memorandums and other documents and correspondence as appropriate.
4. Answer telephone, screen and route calls, respond to internal and external inquiries and provide routine information within scope of authority.
5. Schedule, organize and coordinate internal and external meetings.
6. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare travel and expense reports.
7. Schedule supervisors’ appointments, maintain and updates supervisors’ daily calendar.
8. Review, route and disseminate interoffice and external mail. Provide data entry and clerical support.
9. Establish and maintain departmental records and files.
10. Maintain and initiate the ordering of department supplies and materials as needed.
11. Work on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
* A minimum of 3 years of executive administrative experience within a fast paced, corporate environment
* Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
* Proactive, anticipation of executive needs and thorough follow-up required.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
* Flexibility in accepting new and changing responsibilities, as well as strong personal initiative and resourcefulness; taking ownership of, and accountability for, responsibilities.
* Professionalism, maturity, diplomacy, composure and grace under pressure.
* Strong organizational and administrative management skills; must be articulate, detail-oriented.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills; including proficiency in grammar and spelling.
* Strong analytical skills and a basic financial knowledge.
* Significant level of discretion due to exposure to confidential information and high-profile individuals.
* Detail-oriented and have strong organizational and administrative management skills.
* Ability to assess priorities and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* Strong MS Outlook and MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
* Legal right to work in the US.
Chicago, Illinois, IL