Discovery’s Human Resources team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and overall health of our organization. Our group partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive.
OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications.
The Senior HR Business Partner is a key position within Discovery Communication’s HR Management team providing direct client support to Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
The position will partner with leadership in providing solutions to employee-related challenges while maintaining a balance between being a strategic business partner and employee champion. This position will continuously review, challenge the status quo and develop initiatives that ensure OWN remains an employer of choice. The position is located in Los Angeles.
1. Partner with the Human Resources team and clients to execute against the people strategy in line with the business goals.
2. Actively contribute to the business strategy; provide HR expertise and challenge to the management team.
3. Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points (i.e. early career, management track).
4. Serve as HR advisor, coach and partner to the management team, including coaching leaders in developing organizational and leadership capabilities.
5. Maintain a positive work environment through effective employee relations practices.
6. Influence and shape the change agenda, including organization and structural changes; identify obstacles and develop strategies to overcome them.
7. Develop strong working relationships and work closely with all HR specialist functions to provide ‘seamless’ HR support and guidance to the business.
8. Lead and develop HR projects across the business.
9. Contribute as a team member on broader HR projects across the business.
10. Proactively review on an ongoing basis all HR policies and processes; with a view to improve efficiency and effectiveness within legal framework.
11. Continually strive to provide ‘best practice’ HR advice and support, through information sharing internally and external benchmarking.
* PHR qualified or equivalent
* At least 10 years HR business partner experience in a fast-paced environment
* Strong influencer with ability to coach and counsel employees and senior executives
* Confident, effective leader with a track record of success
* Approachable and capable of working with people at all levels
* Able to create a strategy and motivate others to achieve necessary deliverables
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA