The Designer Brand Creative for Animal Planet will be responsible for execute the design and authoring of marketing/advertising campaigns and collateral pieces; direct mail, brochures, posters, out of home, exhibits, basics for broadcast design, packaging, occasional industrial design, web design and corporate identity, logo design and title treatments as well as various other formats to support and promote the Animal Planet Brand across the globe.
The Designer Brand Creative will report to the Art Director Brand Creative for Animal Planet.
Ideal candidate can communicate their ideas and present them with self-assurance; passion for the business of advertising and design is reflected by selling in ideas and concepts to one’s direct reports and peers and can receive and interpret constructive changes and critiques with ease. All while ensuring deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met.
1. Collaborate with creative director, art director and producers to concept and execute advertising/promotional campaigns across all media – print, outdoor, web and TV.
2. Ensuring quality and timely delivery of projects within budget and on strategy.
3. Coordinate and manage the release of appropriate files, from design to completion, select images and assign illustration, follow through and manage projects from conception to completion.
4. Keeping up to date with latest trends in international advertising and marketing.
* Bachelor’s degree or trade school degree in advertising/design/communications or art.
* At least five years advertising/design experience in related fields of study listed above.
* Well versed in Macintosh applications including InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop, Keynote, knowledge of Powerpoint, Word and HTML and web standards a plus.
* Knowledge and understanding of prepress and production an advantage.
* Excellent typographical and concept design skills essential.
* Must be a team player and be able to work on several projects under tight deadline and challenging situations.
* Entertainment print/online background a plus.
* Working on site required.
* Sound editorial judgment expected.
* Interpret complex briefs and react quickly to changes.
* Some travel may apply.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY