No one takes you on an emotional journey like TLC. We are the entertainment destination for the families you love, the characters you root for, and the authentic, compelling stories you can’t find anywhere else. The TLC Marketing department is a perfect blend of strategic and creative minds. Our team develops strategic 360 campaigns for on-air, off-air, digital, social and targeting our passionate audience. We are constantly talking to our viewers in unique and fun ways. Always innovating. Always evolving.
The Marketing Manager will report into the Director of Marketing Strategy and play a key role in managing consumer marketing initiatives, with the overall goal of increasing viewership and reinforcing brand presence. Some key responsibilities include marketing campaign development and management. This includes maintaining and growing internal and external relationships that foster brand-building opportunities for key franchise series/programs and integrating research and strategy planning information into marketing plans and execution.
This position can be based out of Silver Spring, Maryland or New York City, New York.
1. Manage all aspects of consumer advertising creative and promotional development for TLC to build audience viewership and reinforce core brand attributes.
2. Campaign leader on assigned programs, franchises and initiatives. This includes development of marketing/creative briefs, managing the execution of marketing campaigns and managing marketing/communications assets across a wide range of counterparts from departments including media, creative, press, social media, digital and production.
3. Plan, research and develop pitches for strategic external marketing partners. Manage execution of partnerships to extend marketing reach.
4. Concept and execute out of the box and disruptive marketing strategies including social strategies, big ideas, events and sweepstakes.
5. Devise and implement creative strategies and timelines, working closely with on-air producer counterpart and media strategy/promotion group, supervisor and senior management.
6. Provide strategy direction, clear feedback and key deliverable information to internal and external resources.
7. Identify and work seamlessly with digital, social media and press on promotional plans and deliverables.
8. Integrate (and initiate, as appropriate) primary and secondary research with goal of deeper understanding of consumer target motivations and characteristics. Analyze campaign ROI.
9. Manage and oversee timetables with direct hands-on management of meetings, timelines, and routing materials for approvals.
10. This position manages the work and deliverables of other departments and peers while these colleagues do not officially report to the manager.
* 5+ years experience in marketing/advertising position. This is a position for a seasoned marketer.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
* Prior experience in brand management, entertainment/media/television marketing, image-oriented consumer product marketing or advertising/promotion agency experience.
* Proven project management and strategic marketing skills with the ability to manage timelines and a large number of deliverables and assets, and media planning and promotions.
* Must have concrete examples of marketing plans, show launches, creative campaigns that candidate worked on/contributed to.
* A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
* Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads.
* Self-starter but collaborates well in a team environment.
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Passion for entertainment, pop culture.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* MBA/MA are a plus with right candidate.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD