As Discovery Inc's portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
This is a senior level management role within Discovery Inc's Infrastructure & Support Services team. This team is responsible for enterprise services in support of a 24/7 environment on a global scale. The role will provide subject matter expertise for the Discovery Global Identity, Access Management (IAM), Global Security Access Management (GSAM), and developing standards.
1. Provide direct leadership and management of IAM/GSAM functions
2. Actively lead and manage IAM/GSAM programs (directly and indirectly), to ensure on time delivery, budget and quality goals are met
3. Lead and drive definition, implementation and closure of IAM/GSAM projects, including requirements, project plans and resource needs with stakeholders and within team resources
4. Analyze service offerings, program portfolios and define success / failure metrics and ensure the tracking and reporting, status updates of all metrics
5. Assist in the development and execution of the overall, enterprise ISAM/GSAM roadmap
6. Lead the innovation and championing of processes/methodologies at all levels within Global Technologies and Operations (GT&O) organization.
7. Ensure understanding and implications of third party technologies solutions that control access
8. Assist in maximizing investment decisions by understanding the capabilities of existing IAM and aligning with business strategy
9. Ensure that ongoing training/awareness of IAM/GSAM is delivered to customers, including internal teams, whose processes are being re-engineered
10. Lead the optimization of processes and controls, and thus reduce vulnerabilities and mitigate IAM and GSAM risks
11. Manage, develop and maintain the standards for Active Director Group policy
12. Manage, develop and maintain the standards for Service Account management
13. Ensure Active Directory OU structure is standardized
14. Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters
15. All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 10 years IT experience including a minimum of 8 years' of software design and development
* At least 3 years developing/supporting/architecting custom software for large scale Identity and Access Management technologies or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience managing security operations initiatives, experience in successfully deploying IAM and GSAM programs.
* Knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
o directory services
o Cloud based architectures
o Authentication and authorization mechanisms
* Advanced security certifications a plus (CISSP Preferred)
* In-depth knowledge and solid experience of the IAM and GSAM disciplines and informed knowledge of multiple IAM/GSAM areas.
* Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing an IAM roadmap that meets security requirements, including but not limited to security for, hybrid cloud deployment, B2B Web Services, Mobile computing, fine grained access control, policy driven security, SSO, user provisioning/de-provisioning, and federation focusing on multiple protocols (SAML, OpenID, Oauth)
* Demonstrated success in the design and development of simple, (re-)usable, service enabled, maintainable, and scalable security solutions that meet requirements, adhere to applicable policies, and comply with requirements
* Extensive knowledge across a broad range of identity and access management technologies
* Strong analytic and problem-solving ability
* Excellent communications skills
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
* Sound judgment and decision makings skills
* Track record of problem solving and developing solutions to drive business results
* Knowledge of security frameworks, standards, guidelines and best practices (i.e. ISO, COBIT, FFIEC, SOX)
* Proven ability to be strategic in IAM and driving solutions through completion successfully.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD