The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
The Vice President Research Shared Services will work as both a strategic business partner and technical resource lead for internal stakeholders across the Brand & Ad Sales Research teams. This role will lead a team of analysts in the development and delivery of standardized reporting and data visualizations supporting brand and ad sales research across Discovery’s major media brands. This position will partner with business end-users embedded within the brand and ad sales teams as well as colleagues in the Data & Strategic Insights Team to develop and implement collaborative solutions to research and analytics problems.
This role will require a strong analytical leader who is comfortable completing and overseeing technical work (data visualizations) but who can also clearly communicate to executive stakeholders. He or she will be expected to present findings and be an influencer of the direction of data analytics throughout the company. This person will need both creativity and attention to detail as they envision and build data solutions that help drive the use of data driven analytics.
1. Work together with brand, programming, marketing, and ad sales teams to provide data and insights through standardized and automated reporting
2. Lead a team of managers and analysts in the consistent delivery of data, reporting, and visualizations
3. Work with stakeholders to understand key business opportunities and translate those into a clear, actionable data strategy
4. Direct data and reporting projects from beginning to end, including gathering and articulating technical requirements and then playing an active role throughout the execution of those requirements
5. Design effective data visualizations to support business decision making and problem solving
6. Facilitate discussions with data users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
7. Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails, and presentations
8. Monitor brand/content/consumer performance over time to identify and interpret trends
9. Interact often with clients to clearly and concisely communicate complex data processes and results
10. Manage vendor negotiations and relationships
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, Research or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* 7-10 years professional experience
* Thorough understanding of media industry topics and trends including content, marketing, advertising, branding, experience, and consumer technology
* Experienced with television audience measurement including consumer demographics and behaviour
* Experienced with data visualization and analytics
* Intermediate to Advanced user of Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI
* Familiar with relational database technology, data preparation/ETL, SQL
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY