GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, the global leader in real-life entertainment and home of the Olympics in Europe, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The first-of-its-kind digital platform, which launches in January 2019, will include a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring you can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments anytime, anywhere on every screen and device. The new venture from Discovery will seek to create a worldwide home for all things golf, with new content and features added on a regular basis to build GOLFTV into the ultimate golf experience.
This role will manage the daily business operations of the direct-to-consumer business of Discovery Golf. This will include analyzing data on the business and making actionable recommendations to improve performance, managing business relationships with digital partners, coordinating with regional Discovery offices, and managing vendors and suppliers.
The role is analytical and will require modeling and quantitative research/analysis. Experience in subscription businesses and/or sports media preferred.
1. Business modeling/planning and analysis of the direct-to-consumer business across countries and platforms
2. Coordination of internal and external data sources to support business analysis
3. Supporting Discovery relationships with digital partners and distribution outlets in multiple countries
4. Developing strategy to support coordination of Discovery Golf strategy with regional Discovery offices
5. Creating strategic presentations, business updates, memos and other communications to board/senior management
6. Other ad hoc support on digital strategic initiatives
* Financial/quantitative modelling proficiency
* Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills, logical reasoning and intellectual curiosity
* Consumer mindset and passion for digital media and sport
* Proven capability in sourcing data and conducting research, and verifying and interrogating data
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
* Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
* Fast learner with an ability to work independently on projects
* Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced international environment
* Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
* Team player and confident to liaise with much more senior colleagues
* 2-3 years experience working at a leading consulting firm, investment bank, media or technology business
* Experience in subscription businesses and understanding of subscription economics
* Experience working in the sports or digital media industries preferred
New York City, New York, NYC, NY