Discovery Inc, the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Digital Ad Sales Revenue Analyst in our Knoxville, Tennessee office.
This key position within the broader Ad Sales finance organization will be responsible for analyzing and reporting revenue generated by the Digital Ad Sales organization.
1. Generate the digital ad sales revenue forecast on a weekly basis working across multiple departments that include: Research, Pricing and Planning, Accounting and the Digital Ad Sales department.
2. Proactively identify trends and other KPIs to improve the accuracy and relevancy of the weekly revenue forecast.
3. Provide ownership and accountability of the revenue models used for the annual budget and monthly forecast including updating the models for actuals and working in the corporate FPA system for consolidation purposes.
4. Support the Director, Digital Ad Sales Finance with root cause analysis and variance explanations as part of standard monthly/quarterly reporting. This includes generating standard and ad hoc monthly reports to document and explain actual results for the period.
5. Work with sales leadership and account executives on a weekly basis to understand the health of the business and recommend process changes as appropriate.
6. Work with the Pricing and Planning to department to analyze programmatic revenue and a framework for forecasting and reporting on this revenue stream.
7. Perform ad hoc analysis as requested and present findings as needed. This position will require speaking to an audience on a semi-frequent basis.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting Required (MBA preferred)
* 1-2 years analytics experience in FP&A, Finance, Consulting, Business Analytics preferred
* Background in advertising industry preferred
* Experience working in SFDC preferred (reports, dashboards etc.)
* Experience writing SQL queries preferred
* SaaS experience preferred
* Have strong modelling and analytics background, with extensive experience in Excel and preferred experience in SAP and Power BI
* Be able to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure while showing excellent attention to detail
* Strong presentation and communication skills, with proven record of effectively presenting to both senior internal and external stakeholders
* Strong analytical and numerical skills, with proven ability to distil complex findings into a ‘story’ with actionable findings
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN