Come join the newly formed Design Division in the award-winning Discovery & Science Channel Marketing Team. Based in Los Angeles, you will work on two terrific, award-winning brands, having your work seen by millions of people. A collaborative, creative environment awaits you and your talents. Work on Shark Week, among other things! Help us create multi-media pieces to promote these two powerful brands.
You must be able to communicate ideas and present them with self-assurance; passion for the business of advertising. The designs must be reflected by selling in ideas and concepts to one’s direct reports and peers and can receive and interpret constructive changes and critiques with ease. All while ensuring deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met.
1. Ideal candidate will be able to interpret creative briefs and concept media agnostic advertising campaigns, web experiences and individual tactics.
2. A problem solver with strong bias for action.
3. Candidate should be able to work under pressure, turning around projects quickly and without errors, creating work in digital, social, broadcast, and print.
4. They will be collaborating with writers, designers, producers, web developers, motion designers, photographers, directors, and marketing professionals to deliver exceptional campaigns and content seen by millions world-wide.
* Bachelor's degree in advertising, design or related field
* 6+ years of advertising / design industry experience
* Demonstrates big, campaign thinking that translates into any medium
* Possess basic video editing skills, and basic HTML 5
* Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast- paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
* Exceptional design aesthetic, solid typography skills and awareness of design trends and innovation
* Samples of work that demonstrate your design thinking, process, and solutions
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Mac literacy is required
* Ability to present ideas clearly and thoughtfully
* Working knowledge of latest technologies and trend
* Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing
* Self-starter who is a detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player
* Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
* Exceptional attention to detail
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA