Discovery’s Corporate Communications department is seeking a Corporate Communications Coordinator to support the external and internal communications efforts for Discovery’s Digital, Ad sales and Licensing/Consumer Products businesses – as well as support the NY-based Corporate Communications and Relations teams. The Coordinator will report to the Director, Corporate Communications. The ideal candidate should be well-organized, curious, eager to learn and results-oriented. The role is based in New York City.
1. Support overall external and internal communications efforts for the company’s Digital, Ad sales and Licensing/Consumer Products businesses, which will include maintaining media lists; drafting and editing press releases, media alerts, talking points and pitches; tracking press coverage and compiling press reports; managing editorial calendars for executive speaking opportunities and award submissions; and managing communications and events for Discovery’s internal PUB organization.
2. Assist in administrative duties for NY-based executives including but not limited to expenses, calendar and travel management.
3. Draft, edit and submit awards entries.
4. Assist with merchandise inventory and executive gift fulfillment
5. Corporate Relations Team Support as needed (corporate events, meetings, activities
6. Greet external guests and escort them to meeting rooms, office locations, etc.
* Bachelor's degree required. Communications, journalism or related field preferred.
* One year of hands-on communications and media relations experience, preferably in a corporate or media industry role
* Demonstrated understanding of media landscape
* Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills, able to think creatively
* Solid organizational and project management skills, with a keen attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to cultivate and sustain strong relationships with members of the media and coworkers.
* Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
* Willingness to travel
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY