***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
This position, using a consultative sales approach, will create relationships with districts/schools and sell our award- winning, online educational products and professional development services across the United States. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Inside Sales Coordinator who believes in our educational mission of improving teaching and learning by transforming classrooms into engaging digital learning environments.
Education Partnerships (Sales)
1. Build relationships with key decision makers within territory.
2. Using consultative manner via telephone, work to understand the needs of districts/schools in order to match and sell to our suite of online educational products and services.
3. Understand sales objectives and adhere to sales strategy for all accounts within territory.
4. Maintain a thorough understanding of DE’s overall goals and strategic vision. Share this knowledge with customers when appropriate.
5. Build and maintain a thorough understanding of local markets where sales prospects exist (i.e. demographics, education trends, and funding, other key external influences).
6. Work to meet and exceed monthly new business sales targets.
7. Work to meet and exceed daily / weekly / monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
8. Use online conference call technology to present products.
9. Conduct inbound & outbound calls and written correspondence efficiently and professionally, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
10. Ensure accuracy and integrity of all records within SalesForce and across internal systems.
11. Work with marketing on localized campaigns and targeted acquisition strategies.
1. Create agreements to established pricing rate cards and guidelines.
2. Work with Sales Operations to ensure the opportunity is built correctly and brought seamlessly through the contracting process.
3. Work with team to properly and efficiently introduce the account to the implementation team post-sale to ensure a smooth process of transition, activation and training of DE products and services.
4. Work with Marketing to properly merchandise key activities in territory to decision makers.
Knowledge of Education Trends & Discovery Education Services
1. Demonstrate exceptional DE product, service and solution knowledge. Know how to present and sell in the value to overcome objections via phone.
2. Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, new technologies anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
3. Speak intelligently with a customer about topics/trends that affect the education (i.e. funding, technology, legislation).
4. Understand the free events, resources, and community opportunities that reflect the “magic of Discovery” offered to customers. Use these as prospecting touch-points and value-adds to a relationship with Discovery Education.
1. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
2. Demonstrate ability, when necessary, to have challenging conversations with clients (i.e. putting company position first).
3. Demonstrate a “problem solving- solution oriented” approach.
4. Track sales progress on an on-going basis.
5. Maintain clear & complete account files within SalesForce to ensure communication flow and ease of information sharing.
* A strong passion for the power of educational technology.
* Associates degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
* Minimum of 2 years sales experience with a proven track record of telesales and customer satisfaction success.
* Education industry experience preferred, either public (school/district teaching or management) or private (company within the education industry).
* Ambitious, dedicated and passionate individual, with a strong desire to achieve.
* Experience in selling complex products in consultative manner via phone.
* Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
* Excellent prioritization, organizational, and analytical skills.
* Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment.
* A “can do” attitude to everyday challenges, motivated and target driven.
* Driven, detailed oriented sales professional who is passionate about student achievement.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Charlotte, North Carlolina, NC