The Global Events and Brand Activation Team serves as the internal experiential agency for Discovery Inc and our portfolio of brands. Partnering globally with all of our networks and corporate functions, the Global Events team is flawlessly executing events from “ideation though implementation” around the world. We work in a fast paced, on the go environment, bringing our brands to life in the most creative and innovative ways.
The Global Events Coordinator will play a key role supporting the day to day operations of the Global Events and Brand Activation team. These duties include, but are not limited to: helping research and secure event venues, assist in developing creative for event elements, coordinating and updating registration site and attendee lists, research and selecting branded merchandise, advance and on-site logistical support for all types of event activations (including consumer, B2B, press events, network premiers and special events).
1. Have active role in supporting the planning, coordination, and execution of multiple types of events vital to Discovery’s businesses and portfolio of brands.
2. Daily liaison for web-based invite and registration platform and event list management.
3. Work with Discovery’s internal creative agency to design and implement elements for assigned events.
4. Assist in developing and managing event budgets through post event reconciliation.
5. Research and evaluate potential venues/locations for event activations.
6. Coordinate directly with vendors and assist in managing contracts, payments and logistics.
7. On-site event support.
8. Coordinate post event recap for internal/external clients.
9. Identify event industry awards and manage submission process.
* Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, thorough, meet multiple deadlines and enjoy functioning in a fast-paced environment.
* Proactive. The ability to anticipate what’s next.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with senior executives and network talent.
* Ability to travel (both domestic and international).
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web database tools.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY