***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K., and more than 50 countries.
The Partnerships Manager is a dynamic, member of the Discovery Education team focused on building strategic partnerships within school systems. They are responsible for driving revenue, thought-leadership, and strategic campaigns for state adoption and other district identified initiatives. The Partnerships Manager will work with the Vice President, Regional Directors and regional colleagues to execute customized campaigns and provide best-in-class customer service. Ideal candidate will develop exceptional internal and external relationships to maximize sales opportunities, achieve annual sales targets and ensure profitable growth aligned with business objectives.
1. Responsible for achieving budgeted revenue objectives across all programs and services.
2. Create demand for Discovery’s suite of Techbook products within territory
3. Develop and lead independent contractors(s) to ensure maximum territory penetration and effectiveness.
4. Schedule and host partnership meetings to understand district goals and communicate Discovery Education’s capacity to support strategic priorities
5. Deliver high-level presentations to administrators and curriculum directors
6. Employ a consultative approach to build, maintain & strengthen relationships with key decision makers and others in influential decision makers such as leadership within local influential organizations.
7. Develop local relationships with organizations, key districts and others to position Discovery for success.
8. Demonstrate proactive territory management
9. Negotiate proposals and contracts that ensure profitable growth aligned with business objectives
10. 10 Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational,
follow-up, consultative and presentation skills
11. Maintain high level of customer service at all times
12. Support other key projects needed to generate revenue
Product / Industry Knowledge
1. Demonstrate exceptional product/solution knowledge
2. Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape to best position Discovery for success in the market
3. Effectively articulate Discovery Education’s strategic vision and capacity to support transformation
4. Maintain thorough understanding of industry trends, current events and emerging technologies, etc.
5. Effectively work with cross-functional internal teams to execute strategic initiatives and attain territory goals.
6. Provide transparency and data integrity by maintaining accuracy with systems such as Sales Force, Box, KMS, Trackers etc.
7. Track and communicate with management and others individual sales progress on an on-going basis
8. Adhere to assigned regional budget by managing travel and event expenses to demonstrate high-level fiscal responsibility
9. Deploy an in-person partnership strategy and customer engagement a minimum of 75% of time.
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
* Approximately 3-5 years sales and/or account management experience with a proven track record of territory management, consultative sales and exceptional client relations
* Deep understanding of district adoption processes and decision making
* Attention to detail and organizational skills essential
* Proven track record of effective strategic thinking and ability to prioritize/communicate diverse workload
* Dependable transportation required
* Strong organizational and management skills
* Proactively seek direction/guidance from management when expectations need clarification
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Sales Force, Concur and other related products/systems Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrate a consultative “problem solving oriented” approach
* Ability to work independently as well as with team members
* Strong sense of personal initiative & urgency to accomplish tasks
* Expertise in industry trends and research
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States