Discovery Inc. is looking for a Business Analyst (LTE - Limited Time Employee on a project basis for 1 year) to join the team in Sterling, Virginia.
1. Implement SDLC best practices.
2. Maintain strategic oversight of solution oriented business process analysis and implementation of new technologies to support business needs.
3. Manage and execute business systems maintenance/development /enhancement projects for Domestic Distribution.
a. Develop business requirements and project plans
b. Interface between business teams and IT
c. Collaborate with IT on technical design and manage change requests
d. Develop test plans and cases, manage & perform user acceptance testing
e. Manage and monitor issues through resolution
f. Support data migration and conversion activities
4. Develop implement and manage data and quality control procedures and workflow efficiencies.
5. Develop and maintain procedures (PPM), Launch Authorization Forms, and reports to ensure efficient process and data management.
6. Manage project teams and resources as needed
7. Coordinate and manage training for new and current employees
* Preferred candidate must have at least a four year degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field.
* At least four years business analysis experience in a software development environment.
* At least two years project management or proven experience in managing multiple relationships and teams.
* Strong communication, analytical, multimedia presentation and documentation skills.
* Candidate must demonstrate initiative and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently and meet tight deadlines.
* Extremely organized.
* Cable industry experience while not required is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US.
Sterling, Virginia, VA