Join a dynamic, focused Global Digital Finance team supporting U.S. Digital Media as we continue to propel Discovery into the future with an array of digital products. Our TV-Everywhere (TVE) platforms are growing 3x over last year, contributing meaningfully to overall U.S. Advertising Revenue growth.
Reporting to the VP Finance of Digital Media, a key focus of this position is to ensure we are resourced appropriately to continue high revenue growth while still ensuring an appropriate level of rigor and control over expenses. That is often easier said than done in a fast-growing business, so the successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to prioritize analyses, identify impactful financial outcomes, and communicate them to senior operational leadership in a manner which encourages action and continued engagement.
The company is dedicated to making Digital an increasing success story, and this position will be right in the heart of those efforts.
1. Understand the business priorities of the several groups within Digital Media: product & technology, TVE business operations, digital content, Analytics and Insights, and new digital business groups
2. Develop long-range business planning models for existing and new businesses
3. Utilize business priorities to develop appropriate annual revenue goals and expense targets
4. Monitor financial success against goals and regularly communicate status to senior management
5. Identify and execute analysis to improve ROI on marketing, technology and content expenses
6. Summarize complex data succinctly in a manner useful to senior leadership up to and including the Board of Directors
7. Potentially manage one or more analysts
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field and 7+ years of work experience or an MBA with 5+ years of experience
* Highly proficient with advanced Microsoft Excel techniques
* Demonstrated ability to construct long-range P&L and cash flow models and perform DCF ROI analyses
* Excellent written and oral communications skills including experience developing presentations for senior leaders (preferably C-suite)
* Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with quickly evolving, often ambiguous or uncertain, business goals
* Experience with advertising-based business models or subscription based models, especially in media, is highly desirable
* Experience in consulting or investment banking preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY