Discovery's Digital Media group operates like a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of tech and entertainment. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more immersive and engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
About the Opportunity
The Production Manager for Discovery Digital Media is a pretty amazing role.
It offers the excitement of building a new business but with the backing of Discovery’s well-funded iconic legacy business.
We have a truly talented and fun team, who are passionate about our mission and their role in building on the Discovery experience.
If what gets you out of bed in the morning is doing phenomenal work, with a fun, passionate team then this might be the role for you.
We’re looking for a Production Manager who is process driven, tenacious and strives for results.
Someone with the ability to track multiple projects for multiple territories and enjoys a constantly shifting schedule. The right candidate will work with the Head of Content and Senior Staff to coordinate logistics, schedules, budgets and people.
If you have a strong track record and a passion for creating a process, owning the overall production needs and driving cross functional teams then we would love to talk to you!
1. Coordinate scheduling for all content and content related personnel
2. Work with finance team to manage accounting, including setting, paying vendors and tracking budgets
3. Work with legal, business affairs and the compliance team in order to maintain the flow of content and health of the projects
4. Arrange and oversee contractors/vendors and maintain ongoing relationships
5. Organize and manage digital production logistics, including asset management, process flows, and cross team functionality
6. Coordinate with HR team on personnel issues, including onboarding new hires
7. Assign and track the distribution of assets with the product team
8. Assist Head of Content and Senior Staff in optimizing and streamlining workflows
9. Provide production support for special events projects
10. Be proactive in potential problems and risk management
11. Work to build a collaborative culture with the team
* Extensive experience managing direct to consumer digital products that created positive business results (experience with paid digital media and entertainment products preferred)
* Proven experience of managing a high performing team; ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
* Communication and interpersonal skills that enable highly productive interactions with business, creative and technical teams
* Hands-on approach and a willingness to step in as needed
* Strong background in the digital space
* Strong familiarity with content management systems
* Project management background
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA