Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Manager - Strategic Consulting in Knoxville, TN.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
This position will be focused on supporting the identification, prioritization, structuring and execution of required analysis for key strategic and operational projects within Discovery. The position will demand very strong analytics, ability to structure complex topics and follow through, a high degree of collaboration/partnership with members of different groups both domestically and internationally, including senior business units, and corporate groups. The ability to independently conduct “standing alone” analysis and lead/work as a contributing member of project based teams are essential.
Analysis – Conduct analysis to identify solutions, present findings and help execute changes to business process that align to DCI/DNI strategic goals (60%)
1. Perform detailed analysis tasks that include: process mapping/design, data gathering/validation, data modeling/analysis, and other relevant tasks related to major project milestones
2. Help identify relevant links, interdependencies, and synergies within DCI/DNI business
3. Support Team leadership to translate links/interdependencies within DCI/DNI/US business into relevant solutions that support project definition or alignment of strategy within the wider DCI business
4. Identify and prioritize main issues/analysis
5. Support overall problem solving approach
6. Define and/or leverage analytical frameworks for analysis
7. Syndicate analysis and incorporate feedback
Support strategic thinking to identify, prioritize, design, structure and manage projects that support DCI/DNI/US strategic and operational priorities (25%)
1. Maintain updated understanding of DCI/DNI/US strategy and interactions among DCI stakeholders
2. Support and lead in identification, definition, and structuring of operational implications from DCI/DNI/US strategic priorities
3. Support the identification and structuring of issues/questions to be solved, and the structuring of related projects
4. Support and lead the definition and socialization of analytical frameworks to support strategy execution
5. Responsible for the appropriate pace/on time execution of projects
• Prepare and manage project plans and timelines
• Assemble representative project teams
• Conduct status meetings
• Escalate issues as required
• Maintain updated documentation of projects
6. Define relevant financial and metric information and coordinate effort to ensure appropriate tracking
Develop, manage, and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to help support planning and execution of strategic goals (15%)
1. Facilitate flow of information between stakeholders (through both strong written and verbal communication)
2. Act as catalyst for effective alignment between groups: help expose needs, interdependency, limitations, constraints, and mitigate potential silo approaches
3. Document and present findings from analysis process
4. Establish productive and collaborative relationships with peers in wider DCI business
* Required Consulting experience (2 years min) on strategy topics
* 7+ years media operations management or equivalent experience, international exposure highly preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience.
* MBA preferred
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
* Strong ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and articulate the dependencies and interrelationships.
* Strong business process re-engineering skills to include process mapping and the ability to articulate processes at varying degrees of granularity to different audiences.
* Strong written and oral communication skills to include the ability to conduct process interview sessions, to articulate problems and solutions clearly, to conduct brainstorming sessions, etc. Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of staff to include executive management.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
tennessee, tn, knoxville