Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Business and Strategy Analyst in Knoxville, TN.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
This position will be focused on the identification, prioritization, structuring and execution of required analysis to support successful strategic and operational alignment within Discovery Communications Inc. The position will demand extensive communication, collaboration, strong analytical, client management, and problem solving skills. The ability to independently build and maintain productive relationships with multiple stakeholders is essential, as well as strong business presence.
Analysis - Conduct analysis to identify solutions, present findings and help execute changes to business process/structure that align to DCI/DNI strategic goals (75%)
1. Perform detailed analysis tasks that include: process mapping/design, data gathering/validation, data modeling/analysis, and all other relevant tasks related to project milstones
2. Help identify relevant links, interdependencies, and synergies within DCI/DNI business
3. Support DIR/SVP to translate links/interdependencies within DCI/DNI business into relevant solutions that support project definition or alignment of strategy within the wider DCI business
4. Identify and prioritize main issues/analysis
5. Support overall problem solving approach
6. Define and/or leverage analytical frameworks for analysis
7. Syndicate analysis and incorporate feedback
Client Management / Communication - Develop, manage, and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to help support planning and execution of strategic goals (15%)
1. Communicate finding of analysis
2. Document and present finding and analysis process
3. Establish productive and collaborative relationships with peers in wider DCI business
4. Facilitate flow of information between stakeholders
5. Act as catalyst for effective alignment between groups: help expose needs, interdependency, limitations, constraints, and mitigate potential silo approaches
Problem Structuring / Strategic Planning – Support guidance of strategic thinking to structure and manage projects that support DCI/DNI strategic and operational priorities (10%)
1. Support identification, definition, and structuring of operational implications from DCI/DNI strategic priorities
2. Support identification and structuring of issues/questions to be solved, and the structuring of related projects
3. Support the definition and socialization of analytical frameworks to support strategy execution
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Minimum of 2 years industry experience, preferably in the entertainment or consulting industry
* Analytical skills: capacity to identify issues and underlying roots, prioritize issues, develop hypothesis for both the issue and potential solution, quickly gather data and develop recommendations
* Data analysis skills: capacity to manipulate cumbersome data, conduct “back of the envelop calculations” and identify trends within data
* Familiarity with workflow concepts and design: lead times, input/output relations
* Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, including clear and effective communication skills
* Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to handle high volume of work and multi-task a variety of assignments, as well as recognize priorities and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
* Excellent computer skills a must (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, knowledge/experience setting up databases, tables, and presentations)
* Strong business process re-engineering skills to include process mapping and the ability to articulate processes at varying degrees of granularity to different audiences.
* Candidate must have the ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
tennessee, tn, knoxville