We are a small, but mighty team, working at the cross roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most delightful ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to explore the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery Digital Media is looking for a Technical Product Manager within its Data Products Group. The Data Products Group is responsible for defining and delivering the product strategy and roadmap related to Discovery Digital’s data assets, including our Data Pipeline, AI engine, Analytics solutions, and CRM platform and tools.
The Technical Product Manager for Analytics will be the overall owner of the Analytics capabilities that support and drive Discovery’s TVE and OTT business. You will partner with other stakeholders (from the product, engineering, analytics, marketing, and business teams) to deliver the data sets and tools necessary to support Discovery Digital’s Analytics efforts. You will be responsible for defining, refining, and evolving the product’s objectives and overseeing delivery and quality control throughout its life cycle, all the while establishing consensus among key stakeholders.
1. Identify and understand industry trends and drive the creation of new platform capabilities
2. Gather and prioritize requirements from key client stakeholders
3. Provide business and technical understanding of integrating data into the platform
4. Drive awareness of the product roadmap, define enhancements, and be willing to roll-up sleeves and troubleshoot
5. Define test cases and participate in the UAT process
6. Develop, maintain, and evangelized data dictionaries and other documentation
7. Grow and refine product backlog by prioritizing against short- and long-term value delivery
8. Be a catalyst for innovation and continual improvement
* 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager in the digital media space
* Deep understanding of data architecture and relational databases
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (RedShift, S3) preferred
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Proven experience analyzing business and technical requirements and defining business process modeling and data mapping methodologies
* Must possess exceptional organizational skills and be very detail oriented
* Must have proven leadership ability and be able to think critically
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working in a matrix organization and the ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
* Must have legal right to work in the US
New York City, New York, NYC, NY