About Discovery Golf
Discovery Golf is a new global venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
The VP Content for Discovery Golf will lead the programming, editorial, and curation strategy for a global sports media business. The primary goal will be to build a programming and content strategy to engage Golf fans around the world with a mixture of live event coverage and ancillary programming, including short-form and long-form delivered across multiple platforms. A major focus will be building localized content strategies to address unique preferences in different markets. She/he will also manage a network of editorial production, including in-house and through third parties in local markets.
1. Create a go-forward, cohesive content strategy and vision to serve Golf fans across the world
2. Conduct market research, tracking and compile industry trends and competitive analysis to determine optimal content for Discovery Golf platforms.
3. Manage network of Editorial production, including in-house and third-party partners.
4. Identify most attractive opportunities for additional content, whether licensed/acquired or produced.
5. Establish performance goals, and oversee measurement protocols.
6. Compile thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for Content optimization and improvement.
7. Experiment and drive new types of content through innovative channels (influencers, video, etc.)
8. Work with Heads of Marketing, Product, and Digital/Growth to drive the growth of the Discovery Golf business globally.
* Deep familiarity with Sports content and programming, and with professional Golf content in particular.
* Experience in developing global content and programming strategies for diverse markets and consumers across the world.
* Deep experience in editorial production, including managing editorial teams focused on Sports content.
* Experience in Sports production preferred, including event production and ancillary content production.
* Passion for all forms of Sports entertainment, digital distribution, and the implementation of new business models.
* Experience working in business-to-consumer (B2C) and direct-to-consumer (D2C) media companies with digital content. Familiarity with both subscription- and advertising-based business models would be ideal.
* Deep understanding of, and strong success in, a business focused on the implementation of consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing tactics and plans.
* Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives
* Spends times identifying all stakeholders necessary and connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus and make the right decision.
* Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY