Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Domestic Distribution is responsible for distributing and marketing Discovery’s 19 US networks, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, OWN, Investigation Discovery, Cooking Channel, Science and more. The group also works with Canadian cable and satellite companies to distribute TLC and American Heroes Channel.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to multiple executives.
1. Provide heavy calendar management including complex scheduling for external client and internal meetings
2. Coordinate domestic and international travel
3. Manage expense statements and T&E reconciliation
4. Manage multiple telephone lines
1. Provide backup and support to executive’s direct reports and team
2. Develop and maintain relationships with clients and their administrative staff
3. Handle proprietary and confidential documents and information with discretion
4. Manage hard-copy and electronic files and documents
* Four-year college degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is required.
* Executive-level administrative support experience required
* Must have strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Must possess a strong commitment to working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Must be able to perform with minimal supervision
* Must be extremely enthusiastic, articulate, personable, detail oriented and have strong organizational skills and communication skills
* Must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD