***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
The Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) plays an integral role in implementing effective finance and budget strategies across the organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Senior Manager will lead monthly analysis of the company’s financial results, manage the financial model that generates budgets and long-range plans, and is responsible for the business planning and analytical support behind the sales and operations of the company.
1. Own the business financial planning and analysis function that provides the analytical support behind the sales and operations of the Company, rolls up the monthly estimates and provides decision support analytics to management.
2. Oversee strategic policies, processes, tools, dashboards, and systems necessary to manage the organization’s financial operations in an effective and efficient manner.
3. Manage a team of FP&A analysts to drive maximum value from finance function across the organization.
4. Instill a collaborative working relationship across the organization to ensure effective budget preparation, monitoring of budget variances and linking actual results back to strategic priorities established by the Board and executive team.
5. Prepare accurate financial reports and analysis to support presentations to the Board and other outside stakeholders.
6. Provide strategic connection between finance and business units to drive intelligent business decisions around hiring and significant spending initiatives.
7. Drive business goals, supporting cost optimization initiatives, working capital management and return on capital by ensuring they are adequately measured, managed and reported.
8. Manage the monthly cash flow reporting and forecasting process.
9. Conduct analysis to understand major variances between actual and plan.
* 8+ years of hands-on experience in finance or accounting management, including 5+ years of financial management experience, experience working with private equity a plus.
* Relevant undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting required; an MBA or equivalent, CFA, or CPA preferred.
* Ability to strategically analyze financial data, both at an overall organizational level as well as the detailed program/project levels.
* Demonstrated critical thinking and expertise in executing financial management strategies, and bringing energy, initiative and resourcefulness to collaborate throughout the organization.
* Demonstrated fiduciary experience, commitment and in-depth knowledge of accounting rules.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to develop positive and productive relationships and decisively build buy-in across the organization.
* A track record of improving processes across finance, bringing greater efficiency and effectiveness to a growing organization.
* Expert level proficiency with Excel (and related financial modeling techniques) as well as PowerPoint presentation creation.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC