***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional learning, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional learning, and engagement within the global community. The Partner Engagement team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.
The Partner Engagement Senior Specialist will be instrumental and accountable in supporting the Partner Engagement team with renewing and upselling within accounts, to ensure the team meets the corporate renewal and upsell objectives. This includes working with Partner Engagement regional teams to provide internal account health updates, prepare partner presentations and generate/ analyze usage data and provide usage stim, engage in lifecycle management activities for strategically assigned accounts, support marketing campaigns and customer outreach, actively recruit partners for Discovery Education events and track accepted invites, manage contract addendum queue in SF and act as an internal/external POC for such addendums, and act as a liaison between the Partner Engagement, Customer Support and Marketing teams.
As needs change from the field, the Partner Engagement Senior Specialist will work with the Partner Engagement Leadership team to prioritize responsibilities and support accounts accordingly. This role reports to the Director of Partner Engagement.
1. Establish and build strong, trusting relationships with key post-sale contacts including Curriculum and Instruction, Technology, Accountability, LMS, Administrators, and Teachers
2. Collaboratively establish structured rollout plans including user management, Professional learning support, and stakeholder
3. Work collaboratively with the implementation point of contact to identify barriers and develop strategies to ensure success as specified in goals
4. Act as the Discovery Education product expert, providing customers with product support and training via e-mail, phone, and/or webinar
5. Weekly review of renewal reports and prioritizations to help secure renewal and upsell revenues.
6. Generate usage reports for all products; provide follow up/usage stim activities based upon usage analysis
7. Provide outreach to partners on lifecycle implementation activities such as introductory phone calls, advising partners about SSO, and sending follow up welcome emails to new partners
8. Provide support with tracking contract amendments, contract deliverables and due dates, along with renewal status, as well as outreach to customer to manage such activities
9. Actively recruit partners and track accepted invites for DE events
10. Act as a liaison between the Partner Engagement team and the Customer Support team to provide internal data about requests for customer support
11. Provide remote customer-facing focused support as needed
12. Create proposals and execute renewal process to ensure timely renewal of businessiu
13. Identify accounts that are in jeopardy due to persistent technical or account issues and escalate, providing recommended course of action to restore customer satisfaction
14. Identify potential ways to grow the partnership based on school/district goals and communicate opportunities back to the partnerships team
15. Assist in the development of state and regional strategies
16. Additional projects to be assigned as needed
* BA/BS degree
* 3-5 years of work experience in a fast-paced corporate environment
* Experience in K-12 education and/or account management a plus
* Proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
* Proven ability to showcase customer service skills
* Strong PC or iOS skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and web 2.0 platforms
* Extremely well organized and detail oriented, with strong project management and analytical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ambitious, dedicated and passionate individual, with a strong desire to achieve
* Demonstrate a “problem solving- solution oriented” approach
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC