This position is a member of the Discovery, Inc Global Events and Brand Activation Team. The person in this role is responsible for assisting in the direction, production, management, and consulting on an array of technical aspects for live productions and events that occur on our very busy events calendar. The position supervises and (in many cases) determines a live event production technical standard and media specifications for content used to represent the company. Events that will require this position’s consultation, support or production supervision may include the company’s network Upfront tour, consumer or press events, B2B, launch events, network screenings, on-air live or live-to-tape broadcast events and executive board functions. The individual requires production knowledge in a variety of technical areas. A vital element to this job is the cross-departmental collaboration with communications colleagues, internal clients and production partners to ensure the smooth event production execution. Additional requirements include vendor management, budgeting and design, audio, lighting and post-production. This person will need to have experience in the operation of production equipment and in managing small and large-scale production labor functions.
1. Design, create, implement and manage technical specifications for events and live productions.
2. Direct and produce live productions and events (inc. web) which require production stage management. Must be able to “call the show” as required.
3. Execute all technical aspects of production in diverse environments.
4. Review production plans, vendor proposals/satellite plans and manage ongoing details.
5. Selection, negotiation and contracting of crew for live production needs.
6. Selection and logistics management of external production rental equipment/vendors.
7. Serve as key technical production liaison for US Network and DCI clients.
8. Prepare project plans and budgets according to client-defined scope of work, resource availability and requirements.
9. Monitor workflow, schedules, cost, and technical quality throughout assigned projects.
10. Act as key liaison to satisfy needs of internal groups including sales, implementation, product development, IT and others.
11. Work with Business Operations regarding contracting & payment for external services.
12. Work with manager and project teams to identify best practices and develop SOP’s for future projects.
13. Manage high-priority duplication, encoding, and QC requests. Work closely with GTO technical staff to coordinate resources as needed to meet delivery deadlines.
14. Identify and implement solutions for project-specific issues within existing SOP framework.
15. Produce and edit promotional content.
16. Maintain and grow positive relationships with colleagues, clients and partners.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
* 5 years experience in high-profile broadcast or technical event production management
* Knowledge and experience with event production, and post-production for short-form and long-form projects.
* Commitment to quality, sense of urgency, and ability to thrive in under pressure.
* Flexibility, outstanding organizational skills, and a creative approach to problem solving.
* Industry relationships with broadcast, technical, transmission and remote production partners.
* Extensive budget management and logistical planning experience.
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Technical and creative skills in building and troubleshooting presentation software (Keynote, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Experience with social media tools and production integration.
* Ability to interact with a diverse and dispersed employee base, championing communication across the organization.
* Must be a flexible, high-energy team player with a commitment to high-quality deliverables.
* Must be able to engage in international travel on an as needed basis.
* Experience directing and producing productions internationally and domestically.
* Demonstrates expertise with production and applicable technology concepts, creative development processes, and production personnel management.
* Must be able to conduct business during non-business hours, including weekends, when necessary.
* Strong project management skills and the ability to work at a fast pace under strict deadlines.
* Experience with high-end audio visual technologies, graphic design, and other advanced technologies.
* Legal right to work in United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY