The Domestic Distribution team is responsible for distributing Discovery’s 18 US networks, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, and Investigation Discovery. The group is also responsible for distributor relationships in Canada and works with global partners as necessary.
Selected candidate will have primary responsibility for supporting the Operations and Distribution teams in maintaining accurate customer lifecycle data, providing affiliate technical support, and fulfilling standard and ad hoc data requests.
1. Process new launches and signal authorization. This includes but is not limited to working with customers and internal teams to verify and input accurate information for new and existing affiliate network services e.g. TLC in customer database.
2. Generate analytical reports from internal and external data sources including Nielsen Focus. Deliverables include but are not limited to sales reports, subscriber market distribution analysis and signal distribution.
3. Complete month end close tasks by due date with a high level of accuracy, to support reconciliation of subscriber launch, billing and signal data.
4. Research and complete affiliate change requests from Sales Compliance related to acquisition and divestiture, service levels, launch data, etc.
5. Special projects – support special projects such as network satellite realignments.
6. Manage group email account and handle affiliate calls and technical inquiries daily.
7. Maintain data integrity by identifying and correcting customer information discrepancies.
* This person must have the savvy, drive, energy and commitment to drive new revenue for Strong analytical, written and verbal skills are required.
* 4 + years professional experience with data analysis required.
* Candidate must be articulate, extremely detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills required.
* Proficient in Excel required – formulas, pivot tables, etc.
* Must possess a high level of self-motivation, commitment, and resourcefulness.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
* Previous experience with reporting tool desirable.
* Cable industry experience a plus but not required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Sterling, Virginia, VA