***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional learning, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional learning, and engagement within the global community. The Partner Engagement team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.
The Director, Partner Engagement is the primary post-sale point of contact for assigned Discovery Education’s largest partners, responsible for managing the seamless integration and driving deep usage of Discovery Education services. The Director builds strong and productive relationships with districts, facilitates effective internal and external activity & communication, and clearly demonstrates the educational impact of Discovery Education’s services.
The Director brings together district stakeholders from Discover Education’s largest districts to define district goals and metrics for success in order to inform strategic plans. The plans cover the functional, technical and operational tactics related to Discovery Education’s services as well as broader strategies covering user management, stakeholder communication, professional learning, instructional usage, community and in-person events. The Director coordinates all internal team activity and works across the district to bring the plan to life, continually assesses the progress of the partnership, and makes adjustments and recommendations as necessary to achieve the goals.
The Director leads a regional team of Partner Engagement Senior Managers, Managers, and Associate Managers to strategically execute Discovery Education’s Account Management and Renewal plans. The Director works closely with regional leadership across teams to build relationships and to proactively design and implement regional support strategy. The Director is responsible for leading, coaching, and supporting the regional Partner Engagement Team to effectively and strategically manage all accounts and to secure and process and renewals.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
1. Build relationships with large district stakeholders in all departments that impact implementation such as Curriculum & Instruction, Communications, Instructional Technology, Accountability, Administrators, and Teachers
2. Understand the needs, motivations, and visions of stakeholders and proactively respond with solutions that advance their goals
3. Identify and make meaningful connections between district stakeholders and relevant members of the Discovery Education team
4. Communicate frequently and productively with key stakeholders to make them aware of successes, opportunities and issues as well as value-added programs
5. Nurture relationships to maximize customer satisfaction and encourage brand advocacy
Strategic Planning and Execution
1. Work with district to define partnership goals, metrics, and other KPIs to evaluate progress quantitatively and qualitatively
2. Detail potential user management, professional learning, and communications options for the partner and consult with them to select options that best meet their goals
3. Work across internal teams (including Professional Learning, Community, and Partnerships) to develop and implement comprehensive and innovative partnership plans that integrate digital content and curriculum, professional learning, community-building, user management, research & evaluation, communications, press & media, and Discovery events and talent appearances
4. Act as point-of-contact to define and coordinate all internal activity, manage timelines to deliver upon district plans and control the quality of all key deliverables to exceed district standards
5. Organize partnership implementation meetings with key internal and external stakeholders to align teams, clarify goals, review progress, resolve challenges, demonstrate impact and celebrate success
6. Identify potential ways to grow the partnership based on district goals and communicate opportunities back to the partnerships team
Data-driven Progress Tracking and Usage Stimulation
1. Set up processes, systems, and teams to measure progress towards partnership goals
2. Run reports and analyze metrics related to including usage, professional learning, student performance, teacher confidence, and instructional work to understand progress and inform usage stimulation plans
3. Work with Marketing and Community to create and execute targeted, district level usage stimulation programs
4. Present and merchandise reports to the district, providing context, insight and recommendations
5. Anticipate and manage service integration and professional learning delivery challenges, working internally and with the district to resolve them
6. Constantly monitor, manage, and communicate implementation progress of all components of the partnership both internally and externally
7. Identify “at risk” accounts and escalate, providing recommended course of action to restore customer satisfaction
Ongoing Partnership Support
1. Serve as first line of support for partnership inquiries and interpret requests, coordinating with teams to create solutions, report back to partners, and document outcomes
2. Provide on-site support to schools to improve and accelerate service integration and usage
3. Develop strong knowledge of Discovery Education best practices and district success stories so they are shared and deployed to exceed the goals of partners
4. Document and communicate resolutions and known issues to external and internal customers
5. Act as the Discovery Education service expert, providing customers with support and training via in-person events, e-mail, phone, and/or webinar
1. Understand the full scope of work for assigned districts
2. Review scope of work with partners to facilitate planning
3. Track contract delivery status of services and professional learning and report progress across internal teams
4. Ensure all aspects of the scope of work are delivered per the terms of the contract
5. Execute all phases of the renewal contract process
Leadership & Collaboration
1. Collaborate with Partner Engagement team colleagues to exceed defined renewal targets through consistent regional reviews, implementation and account plans.
2. Develop renewal strategies for targeted accounts and enroll key stakeholders to successfully implement those tactics.
3. Model effective communication, presentation skills, account strategy, and problem solving for the team.
4. Collaborate and share best practices to support the team capacity for supporting current partners, creating opportunities for business growth, and securing renewal targets
5. Lead, coach, and evaluate direct reports and team in best practices for account management and renewals
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
* 8-10 years of experience in K-12 education and/or account management
* Teaching, administrator level experience, and experience implementing digital products and professional learning in an education setting are a plus
* Demonstrated understanding of the changing role of digital curriculum in learning
* Strong planning, organizational, and management skills
* Strong written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
* High energy and passionate about education, with the ability to enthusiastically represent Discovery Education
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and able to create actionable deliverables from a big picture vision
* Proactive with ability to excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
* Ability to utilize different technologies, including PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), web 2.0 platforms, project management tools, and CRM systems
* Candidate must be willing to travel (~60%) with seasonal variation
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
California, CA, Texas, TX