Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a VP, Internal Audit in Knoxville, TN to join our Audit team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The VP of Internal Audit will ensure that Discovery’s controls framework and operational audit capabilities meet company needs. This individual will report directly to the Chief Audit Executive.
The position will interface regularly with members of the senior management team. The VP Internal Audit will be responsible for executing a proactive, risk-based audit function, managing resources, and will be responsible for the recruitment and leadership of an impactful team to help execute the responsibilities of this function.
The VP Internal Audit will independently assess risks and evaluate controls and compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations, making recommendations for improvement. The audit leader will manage the process of identifying and evaluating risk and assessing the adequacy, effectiveness and compliance of the internal controls utilized to contain risks.
Independence is a key trait required, with particular focus on the intellectual ability to form autonomous judgments, confidence to withstand influence, and the capacity to stand his or her ground in the face of conflict.
What you will be doing:
What you need to have:
* Bachelors in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution and a minimum of 7 years of related experience OR a MS/MA/MBA with a minimum of 5 years of experience
* Minimum of 7 years of experience and a strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), IFRS, and SOX requirements
It’s a plus if you have:
* Comprehensive knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and principles, with the ability to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply these in innovative ways
* Comprehensive knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and principles, with the ability to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply these in innovative ways. Strong knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and Sarbanes-Oxley.
* Proven track record as a leader in Internal Audit/Compliance in a global company.
* Ability to work cross-culturally.
* Strong people management and conflict resolution skills
* Understanding of current issues and the strategies used to guide the function
* Ability to define and resolve complex technical, operational and/or organizational challenges in the function/category
* Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Tableau, IDEA ACL
* Strong PC background, with demonstrated proficiency with Windows 7, Excel, Word, and MS Access
tennessee, tn, knoxville, kx