***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content that supports the implementation of Common Core, professional development, assessment tools and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Available in over half of all U.S. schools, community colleges and in 50 counties around the world, Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement.
In early 2018, Francisco Partners, a leading global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled businesses, agreed to purchase a majority interest in Discovery Education. This investment, which is scheduled to close in the second quarter of 2018, will support the company's significant growth opportunities and will enhance its ability to create the next generation of digital services and initiatives for educators worldwide.
The Associate, Financial Reporting and Corporate Strategy will focus on financial reporting and analysis, business performance measurement/benchmarking and strategic initiatives. This individual will be based in Charlotte, North Carolina, will report directly to the CFO and will have regular interaction with senior management on a wide range of corporate issues.
1. Work with CFO and finance team to manage and analyze financial results (detailed operating model, monthly financial reports, budget forecasts, performance benchmarking, etc.)
2. Work with CFO and senior management to evaluate new business opportunities, strategic initiatives and potential acquisitions
3. Analyze industry metrics and competitors to enhance financial reporting and identify opportunities for operational improvements
4. Utilize technology and systems to streamline internal processes and make financial reporting more efficient, timely and insightful
5. Prepare detailed analyses and presentations on various financial and strategic issues
* Bachelor's degree plus at least two years of relevant work experience, ideally in investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity
* Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
* Comprehensive understanding of accounting/finance concepts
* High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in teams
* Ability to multitask and manage project timelines
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, NC, North Carolina, Silver Spring, MD, Maryland