***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education transforms classrooms and inspires teachers with engaging content and services that measure and improve student achievement.
Lead web and creative team to develop high impact digital presence that captures and engages customers and delivers the brand promise for Discovery Education. The Director must demonstrate a deep understanding of all available marketing channels, media and touch points, executing engaging digital campaigns and overseeing development and day to day maintenance of web properties to support the customer journey and integrated campaigns. Web and Creative oversight includes development and design – online and offline and video production, development of testing strategies, managing resources, developing and tracking budgets and tracking and reporting of impact.
1. Set and execute winning web marketing and creative strategy across Discovery Education.
2. Develop and execute web strategy and plans to grow traffic and drive demand including implementation and development for Discovery education acquisition site and day to day oversight.
3. Oversee development resources and agencies to manage strategic change, execute updates and changes through content management system
4. Partner with Product Marketing to develop and execute content strategy from thought leadership to form creation, creating positive and engaging customer experiences that drive to increased engagement and leads
5. Research, build and launch national and regional campaign landing pages through use of Marketing Automation, driving web personalization, web to lead
6. Develop testing strategies to optimize web performance
7. Stay current on all the tools, principles, and practices in user-centered web marketing
8. Manage team responsible for website development process for all company-owned websites, developing a vision and strategy for fully responsive, online properties to drive demand Lead creative team toward executing integrated, highly creative and impactful marketing programs.
9. Track, report and improve site KPIs to drive to increased demand
10. Ensure creative is “on brand” and tells a story that resonates with key targets – K-12 educators
11. Utilize “best practice” digital marketing techniques including motion graphics and experiential media.
12. Plan and schedule marketing programs, identifying the skills and resources to deliver the programs and managing completion on time and within budget.
13. Oversee Discovery’s internal creative/design team and external designers and writers
14. Account Management at Creative Agency Experience a Plus
15. Strong project management skills
16. High energy and proven leadership skills a must
17. Experience negotiating vendor/partner/marketing agreements
18. Excellent communications skills – oral and written
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
* 7-10 years experience in a related web/digital role, education sector marketing preferred
* Extensive practical experience and sound theoretical understanding of digital marketing, engagement analysis, social media analytics, web design, web content strategy, and information architecture.
* Well versed in user interface design, including site architecture and usability / user experience best practices
* Knowledge of design software applications including Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); animation and motion graphics preferred
* Experience with SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Marketo or similar marketing automation platform
* Proficiency in PowerPoint and Keynote
* Expert knowledge of all MS Office professional productivity applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
silver spring, md, maryland, charlotte, north carolina, nc