This position supports docs and specials in all phases of development and production. Responsibilities include EA duties, development support, acquisitions research, production coordination, and support of documentary films in film festivals/special screenings/etc.
1. Coordinating schedule
2. Arranging meetings both internally and externally
3. Booking/managing travel
5. Processing of departmental invoices
1. Tracking status all pitches that come in to docs/specials
2. Primary research for internal development and writing of internal dev’t research briefs
3. First level filtering of pitches for fit with docs/specials strategy
4. Sitting in on pitch meetings and participating in internal development meetings – L1/L2/YL/GL
5. Crafting pass letters
6. Scouring documentary space for relevant acquisitions
7. Attending film festivals when relevant to the needs of the department
1. Updating programming grid and tracking assets and schedules for all docs/specials through the system
2. Distribute PNFs and update deal info in the Hive
3. Primary point of contact for all production logistics questions (credits, deliverables, etc) working closely with production management
4. Draft program descriptions, loglines, weekly updates, and other regular writing needs, as well as suggesting ratings to Programming
5. Participating in the notes process both logistically and creatively
6. Arranging/managing reversions
1. Supporting film festival runs of feature docs, including print trafficking
2. Working closely with PR to make sure assets are distributed as needed for events
3. Working closely with PR to help manage filmmaker needs
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is needed.
* Ability to multi-task and balance priorities between two networks is a must.
* A minimum of two years’ experience in general entertainment, non-fiction genres and/or documentary television are needed.
* Ability to represent Discovery, LLC well to outside producers and agents is important.
* Knowledge of all aspects of production and post-production is a plus.
* Computer skills – including Microsoft Office – are needed
* Must have editorial judgment and strong verbal & written communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, NY, NYC