The Branded Entertainment Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, execution and management of branded entertainment elements on the MIDAS Networks: Investigation Discovery, Destination America and American Heroes Channel. This position is integral to the development and execution of ideas that drive ad sales revenue for the business unit. It requires the ability to work with Network teams, Ad Sales Account Executives and the VP Ad Sales Partnerships to identify and execute value earned Ad Sales Deals.
1. Identify and champion strategic, on brand cross-platform (including programming, marketing, digital, social, press) ideas for ad sales sponsorship, on a proactive basis and/or in response to client RFPs.
2. Execute partnership deals for clients on any of the MIDAS Networks, in collaboration with the creative team and other departments as needed.
3. Maintain strong working relationships with internal DCI divisions as well as external groups.
4. Manage the flow of network information, including but not limited to: program schedules and descriptions, marketing campaigns and elements, digital strategies and more to the Ad Sales and Integrated Ad Sales Marketing Teams.
5. Communicate with MIDAS Digital and Social teams as it relates to client opportunities, trends in order to help create unique partnership offerings that differentiate MIDAS networks from competitors
6. Manage and oversee project timetables with direct hands-on management of meetings, follow up, lists of campaign assets.
7. This position manages the work and deliverables of other departments and peers while these colleagues do not officially report to the manager.
* 5+ years experience in marketing/advertising position. This is a position for a seasoned marketer, preferably with ad sales experience.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
* Prior experience in branded entertainment a big plus, and requires experience in brand management, entertainment/media/television marketing, image-oriented consumer product marketing or advertising/promotion agency experience.
* Proven project management and strategic marketing skills and the ability to develop and grow positive internal and external relationships.
* Must have concrete examples of marketing plans, show launches, creative campaigns that candidate worked on/contributed to.
* A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
* Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads.
* Self-starter but collaborates well in a team environment.
* Attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, MD, Maryland