Investigation Discovery is seeking a Coordinator to join our Programming & Scheduling team in Silver Spring, MD. We are a department responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the network’s prime time and total day schedule. This is a great opportunity for someone with a high attention to detail and who is also familiar with (and loves) TV programming and content.
In this role, you will be responsible for updating program information and schedule entry into Discovery systems. We are seeking a strong communicator (both written & verbal) – as you will act as liaison for the Scheduling team and internal departments, answering programming and scheduling questions as needed. The right candidate will have familiarity with television production terms and procedures. You will actively participate in the strategic planning of the Investigation Discovery schedule.
1. Create, update and maintain scheduling and program information/inventory (data entry) in Excel (grids), Discovery systems.
2. Distribute scheduling documents to the entire ID network team on a weekly basis and as last-minute changes occur.
3. Ensure programming meta-data is complete and accurate as it pertains to program listings. Review and approve listings on monthly and weekly basis with external vendors.
4. Create, update and maintain strategic schedule planning tools; this includes tracking episode telecasts, ratings history, related digital assets and trends in the inventory as well as competitive tracking and industry trends. This also includes analyzing program research using Nielsen ratings.
5. Coordinate inventory integrity (5000+ hours) including program updates/legal review
6. Become the dedicated point of contact for high volume of requests for information (inventory searches, schedule questions, etc.).
7. Assist the Director of Programming with scheduling of non-prime dayparts and work with entire scheduling team to identify future scheduling needs and strategies.
8. Work closely with production, network operations and media logistics teams to ensure accurate and correct information within scheduling systems.
9. Perform some limited department related administrative tasks (meeting planning, printing, expense reports) as assigned.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
* Minimum 2-3 years work experience
* Must love TV
* Accomplished computer skills, especially with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people both inside and outside the immediate department. Attention to customer service is key.
* Ability to manage a large and ever-changing workload with grace and efficiency is a must, as well as a continuing sense of urgency.
* Ability to independently prioritize tasks and to work independently as well as with supervised direction
* Experience in the television field and a natural ability to program and effectively schedule shows a plus
* Familiarity with PDS, Broadview, and inventory database preferred
* Knowledge of Nielsen ratings system and proficiency with basic math preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, MD, Maryland