Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for an Account Payable Supervisor in Knoxville, TN to join our, Global Business Services "GBS" team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
Establishes and maintains accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
What you will be doing:
1. Oversee the A/P department, including direct supervision of personnel
2. Creates Accounts Payable journal entries and Balance Sheet Account reconciliations
3. Develop Accounts Payable procedures as well as educate internal/external customers
4. Maintain Key Performance Indicators to identify and track accounts payable performance
5. Supervises technical, support and/or administrative employees; may occasionally supervise lower-level professional individual contributors as well
6. Accountable for the performance of a team, sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
7. Makes decisions guided by established policies and procedures
8. Assists in monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
9. Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
10. Participation in selection and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
11. Prepare and educate personnel to improve their production capacity and work performance
12. Ability to utilize principles of analytical scientific reasoning to describe problems, obtain data, validate facts, and fashion out logical conclusions
13. Management of State and Local Sales/Use Tax returns
14. Conducts research per applicable tax laws and regulations to properly record and remit Sales and Use tax liabilities while mitigating audit assessments and risk.
What you need to have:
* BS/BA in Accounting or Finance from accredited institution
* Min of 5 years of experience, including in a supervisory role
* Applies fundamental functional/technical and business knowledge typically gained through formal education to deliver assigned work
It’s a plus if you have:
* Proficiency of SAP
* CPA preferred
* Experience in creating financial and other data models
* Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
* Keeps others informed of workload, timeline, and resources needed to accomplish tasks
* Ability to work under conditions of pressure and adjust to urgent situations
* Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively with team members across the organization and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
* Attention to detail and accuracy as well as strong organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to foster positive working relationships across the organization