***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Who We Are:
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K., and more than 50 countries.
Discovery Education is committed to supporting teaching and learning in order to drive student achievement. Discovery Education’s Corporate Partnerships (“CEP”) team drives the organization’s public/private partnerships, collaborating with like-minded organizations to support critical needs in the K-12 universe in order to drive youth achievement. The output of these partnerships include cause marketing initiatives, workforce development solutions, and support for K-12 school service distribution in schools nationwide.
What We’re Looking For:
The Discovery Education CEP team seeks a high-energy, high-potential individual to support partnership development with like-minded corporations, non-profits, government agencies, foundations and trade associations to deliver education solutions at no cost to schools and families. The Sales Specialist will own a portion of the partnership pipeline, adding value to the business by supporting the sales development and ideation process, optimizing strategy and tactics to deliver initiatives that drive partner goals and Discovery Education’s mission. The Specialist will proactively collaborate with the externally facing CEP partnerships team, both leading collaboration and communication with internal teams, managing day-to-day coordination and communication with prospective partners, while also serving in an externally facing sales role with assigned partners. The Sales Specialist will also serve as the team STEMConnect product expert, understanding how Discovery Education’s premier STEM service can support corporate partners in their desire to transform educational outcomes, and how to connect the business and education communities. Finally, the role is designed for growth and intended to prepare the Specialist to advance in this growing organization.
• Support new partner cultivation, working closely with the CEP team to advance partnerships from initial contact through ideation, program development, contract negotiation and implementation kick off
• Manage regular communication with partners, including merchandising, meeting coordination and follow ups. Interface directly with partners throughout the partnership development cycle
• Create externally facing presentations and communications materials in support of CEP team partner meetings, relationship building and ideation
• Draft research briefs, talking points, and other key deliverables for the CEP team to facilitate productive partner meetings, as needed.
• Collaborate with Curriculum, Operations, Program Implementation, Marketing and Communications teams to finalize program themes, strategy and tactics that support both partner goals and educational outcomes. Ensure that program strategy and budget align with Discovery Education’s mission and organizational goals
• Articulate program recommendations in partner facing presentation materials
• Effectively articulate the positioning, value proposition, and success metrics to partners for underwriting DE’s premier STEM education solution, STEMConnect, as well as other K-12 offerings as they strategically fit.
Research and Tracking:
• Research partners’ business strategy, objectives, news, events and existing education programming and report to CEP team to facilitate relationship development and ideation process
• Keep a finger on the pulse on partner industries and identify timely connections and opportunities based upon business objectives. Conduct research to strengthen the business by identifying new opportunities for collaboration with like-minded organizations
• Maintain accurate/timely records within CRM tool to track team activities, coordinate reports and maintain dashboard or all relevant information. Identify, track and report out Key Performance Indicators using CRM inputs and team data
• Provide limited administrative support for the CEP partnerships team
* Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning
* Professional Experience: Minimum 2-4 years professional experience, ideally in a sales, business development, marketing, partnerships, fundraising, or project management role
* External Focus: Coordinator must be adept at interfacing directly with external partners and comfortable acting as a key point of contact
* Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
* Project Management: Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency
* Collaborative: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
* Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done.
* Grit: The ability to sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
* Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: The ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to multitask, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
* Learning orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
* Sense of humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
* Technical Skills: Experience with CRM platform management (HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.), Proficiency in presentation design (Keynote or PowerPoint), Microsoft Excel, Social Media, etc. Experience with graphic design software a plus
* Flexible: Will require travel to attend partner meetings as needed
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Legal right to work in the United States