Digital Ventures is a new start up business within the Discovery organization. We are looking for an experienced leader who has ideally worked in the digital media space and has experience in launching multi-platform international products. The ideal candidate is scrappy, detail-oriented, has proven track record of working with digital product development and technology team, designers, and content teams in a fastpaced, deadline-driven, global matrix environment.
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day product cycle for Discovery Kids launch. You will partner with internal and external third-party teams to determine the specific business need(s) and timelines. You will help drive the strategic thinking and planning and vision of the business. You will communicate, articulate and manage the deliverables of the DKids product including: the objective(s), expectations, process and presentation/end-product deliverables to the appropriate internal partners and key stakeholders to ensure best-in-class development & execution for the product. You must also bring innovation and forward-thinking ideas and execution to reflect the every-changing, fast moving marketplace. Staying on top of and sharing trends to inform strategies. We are looking for big ideas and big execution.
Manage each step of the project work flow, from kick off to approval to delivery and implementation, by ensuring business needs, financial and audience growth targets are met. Create and execute project work plans and revise as needed to meet changing needs and requirements. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and key stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Effectively managing your team is a must.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
1. Collaborate closely with business leaders and third-party vendors to identify & align on project needs
2. Prioritize features based on business objectives, resources & deliverables
3. Manage timelines and milestones
4. Communicate clearly and in an effective manner with internal partners
5. Partner with key account stakeholders and establish working relationships
6. Feature definition and development of key product materials
7. Capture and document key user stories
8. Owner of roadmap and sprint plan
9. Management of any customer testing programs
10. Oversee launch plans to deliver to app submission
1. Deadline driven, meticulously organized
2. Strong attention to detail and focus
3. Able to handle multiple projects with ease and tact
4. Able to work in fast-paced environment, anticipating needs & changing dynamics, and managing accordingly
5. Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
6. Responsible for ensuring the respective partners know and understand the project vision, manage expectations
7. Solution-oriented; when necessary, escalates issues in a timely fashion
8. Builds, develops, and nurtures relationships with key stakeholders vital to the success of the project
9. Responsible for upholding standards and best practices methods
10. Manages vendors / vendor resources to meet agreed upon deliverables.
* 5+ years project management experience in kids, digital media and entertainment.
* Proficient in Excel, Keynote & PowerPoint, preferred project management tools.
* Experience working with and supporting cross-functional teams.
* Experience working with remote teams.
* Experience managing 3rd party vendors.
* Bachelors or equivalent work experience.
* Must have legal right to work in United States.
LA, California, Los Angeles
LA, Los Angeles, California