We are a small, but mighty team, working at the cross roads of technology and entertainment to bring content from iconic television brands to our audiences over the Internet in the most entertaining ways we can imagine and build. As television changes, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
Discovery Digital Media is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to build test frameworks for back end services and frontend applications including the Web, native application for iOS, Android, Roku, and Xbox.
We deploy applications for each of our network brands: Discovery, TLC, Velocity, Science Chanel, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, American Heroes Channel, Destination America, Discovery Life, Discovery Familia and Discovery .
Our test technology stack includes Ruby, Python, Selenium, , and Jenkins. We love working with modern tools and sharing our experiences with the community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help solve complex but interesting scalability, performance and availability problems for products consumed by millions of users each day! You will have the opportunity to work with a suite of great technologies and in a highly collaborative environment where the engineers get together on a quarterly basis in NY to problem solve major business challenges.
1. Participate in design discussions about test frameworks and test scripts
2. Execute automated tests analyzes and reports results as needed.
3. Execute tests manually and debug failures
4. Propose enhancements to automation framework. Work with automation architects to enhance the automation framework to increase reliability, usability and performance of the automated solution.
5. Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
6. Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
7. Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
8. Learn the digital product development lifecycle and our agile process.
9. Utilize multi-tasking and context shifting skills.
10. Stay informed with changes in technology.
11. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
What You Need
* Proficiency in Ruby, Selenium, Jenkins and other automated testing tools.
* Experience building and maintaining automated test frameworks and scripts
* Manual QA testing experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Skills & Requirements
* You are comfortable with collaborating using Git.
* Ability to provide code samples either privately or through a repo.
Nice to Haves
* Experience with any of the following would be considered a plus…
* Python test development
* Appium and other testing tools