***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
The Discovery Education Professional Learning (PL) Educational Consultant (EC) Senior Director position is responsible for supervising specific regional teams of PL EC Directors, PL Implementation Directors and their teams to ensure the flawless sales and effective implementation of Discovery Education’s Professional Learning and Techbook.
Product and Industry Knowledge
1. Serve as an educational expert, understanding current educational trends and research in curriculum, instruction and assessment, to drive the awareness and new sales of Discovery Education Professional Learning and Techbooks.
2. Understand the professional learning landscape, providing internal thought leadership to advise and support the continued development and sales of Discovery Education Professional Learning content and pathways.
3. Possess a thorough knowledge of the functional and educational aspects of Discovery Education’s Science, Social Studies and Math Techbooks as well as the professional learning to support their successful implementation.
Grow Revenue Through Professional Learning and Techbook Business
1. Directly contribute to the revenue growth of Discovery Education by meeting or exceeding annual professional learning revenue and recognized revenue goals.
2. Support revenue growth of Discovery Education Techbooks by leading the successful implementation of professional learning.
3. Supervise and manage the design, execution and dissemination of unique and innovative strategies to grow awareness and increase the new sales of Discovery Education Professional Learning.
4. Collaborate with partnerships, Techbook EC team members and Partner Success teams to determine and deliver resources, activities and events focused on building relationships with partners to grow the brand awareness and new sales of Discovery Education Professional Learning.
5. Oversee the Discovery Education Professional Learning pipeline for designated regions using customer relationship management (CRM) tools and reports to determine strategic areas of focus and communicate pipeline status regularly to your direct supervisor.
Leadership and Management of the Professional Learning EC and Implementation Teams
1. Directly supervise the PL EC team and the PL Implementation teams for the Central, Midwest, Texas, West, PacWest and Urban regions, providing leadership and effective oversight of the teams.
2. Supervise the regional PL EC and PL Implementation teams to ensure the flawless execution of presentations, consultations, planning and implementation of our Discovery Education Professional Learning, appropriate to a variety of audiences, including, but not limited to, superintendents and central office administrators as well as subject specific and building administrator as well as teachers.
3. Conduct regular strategic data reviews, including KPIs, surveys, usage, and other business metrics for specific teams.
4. Supervise and lead the PL EC team in executing successful strategies to grow awareness and increase the new sales of Discovery Education Professional Learning.
5. Supervise and oversee opportunities to grow the partnership teams’ knowledge and skills in understanding and positioning Discovery Education Professional Learning.
6. Establish and manage measures of success and feedback mechanisms to ensure DE is meeting the expectations of district partners and fostering strong relationships.
7. Lead the development of accurate and effective PL program impact to secure renewals and growth in scope of both professional learning contracts and digital services in subsequent years.
Ensure Consistent, Effective Messaging and Communication of Professional Learning across the Division
1. Provide leadership for onboarding sessions for new partnership team members to grow their knowledge, understanding and presentation of Discovery Education Professional Learning.
2. Supervise the development of professional learning proposals and PL implementation plans for district partners.
3. Collaborate with internal partners to shepherd clients completely through the sales and implementation process, ensuring a smooth transition.
1. Adhere to budget by managing travel and account management expenses of the PL EC and Implementation teams.
2. Work with the Vice President who oversees Professional Learning to manage the P&L and accurately project recognized revenue aligned to the PL schedule.
3. Follow all company policies associated with financial management including use of the Corporate One Card.
1. Maintain a thorough understanding of DE’s overall goals and strategic vision.
2. Maintain an understanding of industry trends and current events by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
3. Demonstrate exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
4. Understand new technologies and industry trends and clearly articulate how they impact Discovery Education.
5. Read professional literature regularly to contribute as a thought-leader and educational expert to DE.
6. Share proactively the information learned in the field to support other teams/regions in meeting their goals.
7. Demonstrate a “problem solving and can-do” approach.
8. Establish strong relationships with colleagues through Discovery Education as well as with all district partners.
* Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
* Approximately 10-12 years of experience in education preferred, including experience in a leadership role.
* Background or experiences in sales preferred.
* Deep ties to the education community.
* Strong knowledge and experience with best practice instruction and research.
* Thorough working knowledge of education technology including digital media and emerging web technologies and their application in the educational environment.
* Impeccable interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
* Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
* Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be willing to travel approximately 80% of the time (with seasonal variations).
* Must have clear and current clearances in the following three areas: Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint check in order to conduct business in our partner schools.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.