The Sales Planner develops media proposals and creates sales presentations for all DCI networks utilizing all available research, sales and programming sources.
1. Build, revise and maintain all sales proposals for agency list assignment.
2. Receive registered budgets from agency buyers. Compile advertiser history and pricing direction for Account Executive as needed.
3. Negotiate scatter deals, as needed.
4. Communicate deal planning status to Revenue team on a weekly basis for financial reporting purposes.
5. Work with advertising agency contacts and other advertising sales and DCI divisions to ensure that stewardship of accounts are in order, i.e. monitor performance of clients’ schedules and prepare make good and ADU schedules.
6. Prepare and deliver competitive network analysis, presentation assignments, and/or business updates for bi-weekly sales meeting.
7. Compile account detail through options reporting, holes analysis, liability, sales planning cover sheets, etc.
8. Prepare presentations for agencies/clients as needed and foster effective relationships with all established external contacts.
9. Support AE in prospecting to expand DCI advertiser base.
10. Support Assistants who handle client scheduling, billing, brand allocations, reconciling discrepancies, maintaining client files.
11. Mentor new Sales Planners and Assistants. Act as a resource throughout their training and development.
*2+ years related advertising experience
*Strong computer experience (Microsoft Office: Excel, Powerpoint)
*Knowledge of the terminology and procedures in advertising sales
*Experience with research techniques and sources (Nielsen, MRI)
*Ability to multitask, while staying organized and detail-oriented
*Strong influencing skills
*Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
*Strong customer service skills
*BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience
*Must have legal right to work in the United States
Chicago, Illinois, Midwest