***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Who We Are:
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 4.5 million educators and over 50 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, 50 percent of all primary schools in the U.K., and more than 50 countries.
Discovery Education is committed to supporting teaching and learning in order to drive student achievement. Discovery Education’s Corporate Partnerships team collaborates with like-minded organization to co-develop cause marketing initiatives and workforce development solutions, delivering custom-created tools and resources to the educational community at no cost to students.
What We’re Looking For:
Discovery Education Strategic Alliances team seeks a high-energy, high-potential individual to support the team's partnerships with like-minded associations and organizations committed to preparing students for the jobs and global challenges that await them. This high-growth opportunity requires a candidate who can hit the ground running to support the externally facing members of the Discovery Education's Strategic Alliances group and Senior Team member's special projects. The Coordinator will support operations for a fast-paced team, lead internal collaboration and communication with internal partners, and manage day-to-day coordination with external partners to support Discovery Education's overall goals. The Strategic Alliances team is seeking a high potential individual can add value to the business by maximizing efficiencies, innovating strategies. Ultimately this role is designed for growth and intended to prepare the Coordinator to advance and flourish long-term in this growing organization.
COMMUNICATIONS & PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
1. Support thought leadership strategy and execution, working closely with Vice President, Strategic Alliances
2. Identify opportunities to establish Discovery Education’s visibility as a thought-leader in education and support the development of relationships with key stakeholders
3. Support the creation of communications materials and strategies that will cultivate, nurture, and develop key relationships
1. Create research briefs, talking points, and other key deliverables for Discovery Education executives to support partner meetings, speaking engagements, and networking opportunities
2. Serve as a supporting Discovery Education representative at social responsibility/education conferences and networking events as needed by Strategic Alliances team, in order to establish Discovery Education’s visibility as a thought-leader in education amongst key stakeholders
3. Manage annual budget for Strategic Alliances team
1. Maintain accurate/timely records within CRM tool to track team activities, coordinate reports and maintain dashboard or all relevant information
2. Identify, track and report out Key Performance Indicators for Strategic Alliances Team using CRM inputs and team data to support value-driven strategies
3. Provide limited administrative support for Discovery Education executive team
4. Coordinate with broader Discovery Education Corporate Education Partnerships team, reporting to Business Development team on relevant marketing opportunities
5. Serve as "Mission Control" and track/manage day-to-day relationships with Discovery Education partners in the corporate social responsibility and education space
1. Maintain a close pulse on the marketplace and identify timely connections and opportunities based upon business objectives
2. Understand new technologies and industry trends and be able to speak to how they impact the business
3. Conduct daily research to enhance, grow and expand strategic alliances as well as strengthen the business by identifying new opportunities for collaboration with likeminded organizations
* Professional Experience: Minimum 1 - 2 years professional experience, ideally in a business development, marketing, partnerships, or project management role
* Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills; regularly assess personal and team workload on a regular basis, with flexibility to re-prioritize as needed
* Collaborative: Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
* Self-Starter: Strong self-starter with ability to multitask, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution oriented approach
* Project Management: Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency
* Technical Skills: Experience with CRM platform management (HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.), Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Social Media, etc.
* Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education's vision to transform teaching and learning
* Flexible: Willingness to travel (5-10%)
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Legal right to work in the United States
New York, New York City, NYC
New York, New York City, NYC