***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Operations Specialist’s responsibilities include sales order generation, contract verification, and invoicing; ensuring efficiency, consistency, and accuracy to the sales order process. The Operations Specialist works between Salesforce, Saleslogix, and SAP to build and verify orders, to ensure data compliance across systems, and to provide customer support in regards to invoicing questions. The Operations Specialist will also assist in array of data migration and integration projects throughout the year.
1. Maintain a system to efficiently and effectively collect information from partnership team to build and manage sales orders within assigned regions into the SLX system.
2. Develop a deep understanding of operations and compliance rules, and be able to articulate these rules to the partnership team. Assist with process documentation updates, and create Techbook site detail forms.
3. Run routine reports from Salesforce, Saleslogix, and SAP on a daily basis. Ensure compliance across systems by completing QC reports and resolving discrepancies.
4. Become familiar with product implementation process and work with the Education Support team to ensure product activations are in sync with sales orders.
5. Complete requested projects on a regular basis. These projects will include, but are not limited to: invoice generation, data migration projects, training, and delivering executed agreements to customers.
6. Respond to internal and external requests for payment information and invoice delivery.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
* Attention to detail, and the ability to handle a diverse workload.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational, verbal, and written skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Previous experience with CRM, preferable Salesforce, Saleslogix, or SAP.