About Discovery Digital Media
Within Discovery there is a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment, building user experiences that enable Discovery’s content creators to tell better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
Discovery's Digital Media group operates like a well-funded start-up. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital products for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
About the Opportunity
Discovery owns tons of content IP our producers create for superfans. We design and build the cool tech in-house and buy the non-strategic. Their business partners bring the audience and ad sales the clients.
Discovery needs an Ad Product Manager with a digital ad tech background, solid knowledge of the advertising business, strong communication skills and ability to partner closely across tech, UX, product, sales and business teams to deliver industry leading solutions for our clients.
If you have a strong track record and passion for delivering high quality business to business products, then we would love to talk to you!
1. In collaboration with business and sales leaders understand and clearly communicate business needs, technology capabilities, ad client expectations and competitive activities
2. Be the organization’s North Star by creating a well-articulated vision of our ad product strategy with a roadmap that exceeds clients’ expectations and meets financial goals, then marshal the resources to make it happen
3. Drive matrixed teams with strong influence and collaboration skills through the ideation, planning, design, development and continuous improvement of high quality ad products
4. Gather requirements from all stakeholders to generate roadmaps, financial analysis, user journeys and prioritized epics to support high velocity product delivery
5. Ensure the integrity of the ideas are preserved through the delivery and go to market processes
* 5+ years in a product management or product development role
* 3+ years in digital ad operations, ad technology, marketing technology and/or programmatic buying
* 2+ hands-on coding or operations experience, a plus
* Experience with ad tech, sales and operations best practices
* Deep knowledge of ad serving and the overall digital advertising ecosystem (DSP, SSP, VAST, DMP, etc)
* Track record of leadership through influence and collaboration in a highly matrixed organization to gain buy-in from stakeholders across all levels of the organization
* Proficiency in supporting decisions using data analytics
* Ability to be effective despite ambiguity and competing objectives, in a fast-paced environment
* Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle and of several agile software development methodologies
* Bachelor’s degree required (MBA desirable but not essential)
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
New York City, NY, NYC