The Manager, Digital Operations & Partnerships is the key leader for building and maintaining strong relationships with external partners for Discovery’s broadband syndication businesses. The manager will actively seek out merchandising opportunities in direct support of departmental revenue goals, audience goals, and corporate priorities. Responsible for the day-to-day and long-term health of these partnerships, the manager will lead all efforts to implement and refine operational solutions as the backbone of the broadband syndication business.
1. As the key operational and partnership manager, promote Discovery’s interests to external syndication partners with exceptional professionalism, clarity and tact. Negotiate favorable placement and promotion on partner services; leverage familiarity with Discovery programming to take full advantage of partner products and features to grow audience & streams.
2. Grow large, passionate audiences for YouTube channels, licensed services and other offerings. Employ editorial best practices to maximize viewership, engagement and revenue across platforms. Collaborate with Digital, Social, Programming, Marketing and other stakeholders as needed.
3. Partner with Global Technology & Operations, Ad Sales and Ad Ops teams to maximize monetization of content across ad-supported syndication platforms.
4. Ensure partnerships are operationally sound, across the following areas of focus: invoicing, program offering, editorial direction, video, metadata, artwork and other obligations.
5. Partner with Global Technology & Operations to develop, implement and rigorously refine efficient and effective content scheduling, distribution, publishing solutions.
6. Maintain expert level understanding of Digital Asset Management tools and content supply chain best practices.
7. Establish strong protections against unauthorized distribution of Discovery programming and manage 3rd party vendor protecting Discovery’s IP.
8. Collaborate with Discovery International teams on content claiming, publishing, and rights management as relates to syndication of Discovery’s video content.
9. Analyze performance against audience goals, evaluate programming and merchandise tactics, partner with Digital Research to develop strong analytics tools. Periodically share performance analysis with departmental and corporate stakeholders.
10. Support new product launches, partner onboarding and other cross-platform initiatives.
11. Some basic image and video editing; other duties as assigned.
*BA/BS required or equivalent combination of skills
*7-10 years of digital media, partnership management, marketing or related field; preferably within a Media company
*Independently motivated, highly organized, with excellent attention to detail, excellent verbal & written communication skills
*Passion for digital content distribution, programming and merchandising
*Collaborative work style with exceptional ability to develop and manage strong working relationships with internal and external partners
*Extensive online/digital media landscape knowledge and technical savvy
*Outstanding knowledge of media formats and post-production processes
*Proficiency in Mac and PC computing environments, including proficiency in MS Office suite of applications (strong preference for Excel)
*Some video editing experience (Adobe Premiere) desired
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
New York, NY, NYC