For over 30 years Discovery, the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer, has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands. We are looking for a sharp, creative, highly-motivated Digital Producer to join the Discovery team. The Producer will be responsible for implementing the creative vision for the Animal Planet digital presence, including social accounts, building audience and engagement, tracking analytics and growth, seamlessly integrating social media with the broadcast and maintaining the voice of our networks in the digital space. He or she will produce, maintain and manage up to a dozen or more projects at a time while directing implementation by managing efforts of matrixed writer, technical, design and product teams.
The ideal candidate will think strategically to manage key Animal Planet franchises, develop content through an established brand filter, collaborate with video teams and editors to produce compelling video and content optimized for digital and social platforms, and have strong writing and video editing skills. The abilities to operate strategically, multi-task, manage projects against tight deadlines, and proof one’s own creative outputs are a must.
1. Oversee the digital presence of shows from concept to execution, acting as the centralized point for all promotion and engagement on multiple platforms and social networks for series and tentpole franchises.
2. Work closely with linear show producers to create complementary digital content that will engage on social and, possibly, work on-air as well.
3. Plan overarching social content distribution plans, including daily/weekly schedules for social platforms; post to all platforms, pivoting based on performance and brainstorming ways to create higher engagement.
4. Conceptualize and implement complete content strategy for each project: producing, writing, building and maintaining online content. Ability to edit and shoot, if needed, is a strong a plus.
5. Create viral non-show related social/digital media content to build and engage followers and audiences for the Animal Planet brand.
6. Evaluate analytics to improve performance and deliver on expected traffic, branding, and engagement goals.
7. Collaborate with network groups including marketing, publicity, advertising sales, branded entertainment, production, programming and scheduling.
8. Stay current with latest technology and software applications to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations.
9. Monitor consumer feedback, respond to social conversation before, during and after shows, analyze site traffic metrics and audience trends to inform strategy
10. Develop interactive experiences to supplement network programming, tying on-air to digital
11. Works with sales, marketing, product and press teams to best optimize sales campaigns, partnerships, and sponsorship opportunities; as well as help develop new, unique, sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
12. Ensure that all editorial content published to any of our platforms has been cleared legally and meets the filter of the channel brand. Candidate must be articulate, creative, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational and administrative management skills.
* 5+ years’ experience in online/interactive media or equivalent
* Must be proficient on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. as well as have comprehensive understanding of the social and broader digital media landscape
* Must have a track record for creating viral social content and an understanding of how to grow social accounts
* Experience in television within networks, development, production, or broader entertainment is a plus
* Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and be able to make quick creative decisions with superior attention to detail
* Great communications skills, a can-do attitude, and collaborative working style are vital
* Evening and weekend work may be required
* Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems; Adobe Premiere Editing a strong plus
* Must be an innovative thinker, while having experience with creative writing, content curation, content mix development
* Savviness with working and collaborating alongside multiple stakeholders and share ownership of projects
* Very adept at building relationships (internal/network and external/vendor-sales) and evangelizing for interactive platform products and ideas that are the right fit for the brand and the digital business
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
New York, NY, NYC