***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Education Partnerships Manager is responsible for the sales and account management efforts for Discovery Education (DE) in an assigned territory in the Northeast Region. Demonstrate exceptional product and industry knowledge to effectively position DE products and services as must-have educational solutions for classrooms to contacts at varying professional levels. Work with Sales Director and team to achieve annual sales objectives while ensuring profitable growth aligned with DE business objectives.
Account Management/Sales Goals
1. Achieve assigned personal and territory sales objectives to impact student learning outcomes.
2. Maintain, share and track customer information on an on-going basis through customer files, Salesforce (CRM tool), shared drives and web 2.0 applications.
3. Use a top-down, consultative sales approach to build, maintain & strengthen relationships with all key decision makers and key influences within territory.
4. Understand goals and objectives for all accounts within assigned territory and have a thorough understanding of where sales opportunities exist (i.e. demographics, education trends, funding, other key external influences).
5. Develop proactive approach to territory management, anticipating impact on DE products resulting from competition, industry trends, etc.
6. Negotiate proposals and contracts that ensure profitable growth aligned with DE business objectives.
7. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, follow-up, consultative sales and presentation skills.
8. Travel approximately 30% - 60% of time (with seasonal variations), depending on location.
9. Manage high outbound call volume whether traveling or in the office.
Product /Industry Knowledge
10. Demonstrate exceptional DE product knowledge to be successful in increasingly competitive environment.
11. Knowledge of education trends and issues
12. Thoroughly understand deals/rates for all DE products as well as the overall goals and strategic vision of Discovery Education.
13. Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, product and technology developments by reading professional publications, researching all available resources prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
14. Understand new technologies and industry trends and be able to speak to how they impact customers and Discovery Education.
Team Oriented Environment
15. Partner with company colleagues (i.e. VP, Sales Director, DEN Account Manager, Marketing, Account Services, Legal, Finance, etc.) to develop strategies to ensure that personal and territory sales goals are met.
16. Work with team to:
a. ensure proper implementation of new accounts
b. build value with customer by implementing strategies to ensure usage of DE products and services
c. properly merchandise key activities in territory to decision makers
d. Maximize sales opportunities
e. Communicate workload focus to team on a regular basis (daily, weekly, etc)
f. Proactively share information with department that you’ve learned in the field to support other reps/regions meeting their objectives
17. Adhere to budget by managing travel, sales and account management expenses
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience. Advanced degree in education preferred but not required.
* Minimum 3-5 years in sales and account management experience with a proven track record of territory management, consultative sales and exceptional client relations, and/or minimum 3-5 years in education leadership roles.
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills. Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
* Education industry experience preferred.
* Experience teaching or in school administration preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Candidate must be willing to travel.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, MD, Maryland, Washington DC, DC