The Marketing Manager will support the Senior Marketing Manager for Discovery Kids in the planning and execution of marketing efforts for the global launches of a new kid-targeted mobile app. The candidate must be a highly collaborative, global-minded, data driven self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
As a Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate will partner with key internal teams especially global partners to execute marketing initiatives including paid media and mobile user acquisition, synergy campaigns, email efforts, partnership marketing, social media and influencer programs, and asset creation.
The Marketing Manager is expected to possess a wide set of skills including global marketing, kids marketing, mobile marketing strategy execution, creative asset management and delivery, campaign analysis, identification of opportunities for optimization, management of optimizations, frequent communication, collaboration with others throughout the organization and world, and ongoing self-education, all accomplished with a highly productive work ethic, friendly approach, and the highest levels of professionalism.
1. Support Senior Marketing Manager in execution of product marketing strategy for kids-targeted mobile title – brand identity, key messaging, overall vision, marketing strategy development and execution
2. Work closely with Product Development and Global Teams to ensure goals and priorities are aligned
3. Partner closely with regional teams to implement localized global strategy by market
4. Provide marketing guidance rooted in consumer and competitive insights to inform content and the product development process
5. Coordinate production and delivery of best in class creative materials working with both internal and external partners including digital advertising creative, print materials, video trailers and/or television commercials, and synergy assets.
6. Partner closely with internal PR, integrated marketing, creative, nd social media teams to develop and implement marketing plans across launch and sustainment phases
7. Analyze performance of marketing campaigns to regularly identify areas for optimization
8. Manage email strategy – creative development, deployment, and analysis
* 2-3 years of digital marketing or mobile marketing experience preferably including brand management, kids marketing, product marketing and acquisition experience
* College degree required, MBA preferred
* Must be able to effectively support several global launches simultaneously
* Personality suited to handle responsibility, leadership and deadlines under pressure
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to implement strategic marketing as well as daily marketing execution and optimization
* Experience working with established brands
* Passionate about the entertainment and mobile industry as well as kids’ experiences
* Experience with iOS and Android app marketing
* Significant experience, proficiency in, and passion for digital media, mobile apps, and kids’ products
* Entertainment experience is a plus
* Proven track record working on successful marketing campaigns (most immediately but not limited to digital marketing channels, e.g. mobile on-device advertising, SEM, social media, email, viral)
* Must be able to successfully work independently with most stakeholders based in other offices or traveling frequently
* Ability to effectively communicate strategies to cross-functional teams
* Highly Detailed and Organized
* Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
* Proficiency in PowerPoint and Keynote, with strong presentation skills and an ability to clearly articulate Strategy, Objectives, and Tactics along with rationale
* Some travel may be required
* MBA preferred
* Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area – marketing, communications
El Segundo, CA, California