Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
This position will provide leadership for the Inside Sales activities across the entire US market, driving the search for new educational partnerships. This role will report into the Manager of Inside Sales and also serve as a backup to the leadership team when needed.
This position will have specific revenue targets for inbound and outbound sales to districts and schools. It will be responsible for helping to manage some aspects of the Inside Sales organization including training, operations, campaign management, all while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
This position, using a consultative sales approach, will create relationships with districts/schools and sell our award- winning, online educational products and professional development services across the United States. The Team Lead will have a quota to meet, and will be expected to contribute to the department revenue goals. We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Team Lead who believes in our educational mission of improving teaching and learning by transforming classrooms into engaging digital learning environments
Education Partnerships (Sales)
1. Build relationships with key decision makers within assigned states.
2. Using consultative manner via telephone and webinar, work to understand the needs of districts/schools in order to match and offer recommendations from our suite of digital products and professional development.
3. Actively supervise the team to generating revenue from new customers across our portfolio of product and professional development services.
4. Develop and execute strategies to qualify and manage new leads at all stages of the sales process.
5. Conduct inbound & outbound calls and written correspondence efficiently and professionally, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
6. Work to meet and exceed monthly new business sales targets.
7. Work to meet and exceed daily / weekly / monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
8. Work with Sales Operations to ensure correct processes are followed through the contracting
9. Work with team to properly and efficiently introduce the account to the implementation team post-sale to ensure a smooth process of transition, activation and training of DE products and services.
10. Back up the manager on account assignments and lead management tactics/techniques.
Knowledge of Education Trends & Discovery Education Services
11. Demonstrate exceptional DE product, service and solution knowledge. Know how to present and sell in the value to overcome objections via phone.
12. Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, new technologies anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
13. Ability to converse with a customer about topics/trends that affect the education (i.e. funding, technology, legislation).
14. Understand the free events, resources, and community opportunities that reflect the “Discovery Magic” offered to customers. Use these as prospecting touch-points and value-adds to a relationship with Discovery Education.
15. Supervise a team to exceed defined revenue targets through consistent territory reviews, implementation and account plans.
16. Model effective communication, presentation skills, account strategy, and problem solving for the team.
17. Coach team members to develop individual skills and build team capacity for securing new partnerships.
18. Demonstrated passion for improving teaching and learning in schools.
19. Leverage technology, including CRM, as well as telecommunications hardware and software.
20. Ensure that the Inside Sales organization is in compliance with laws and regulations relating to call center operations (do not call lists, etc.)
21. Support the team with any questions throughout the day regarding processes, best practices, and any other business related needs the team has.
22. Represent the Inside Sales team on any department meetings when needed.
23. Provide consistently positive and energetic leadership for the team.
24. Establish strong relationships will all internal and external partners.
25. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
26. Demonstrate a “problem solving- solution oriented” approach.
27. Track sales progress on an on-going basis.
28. Maintain clear & complete account files within SalesForce to ensure communication flow and ease of information sharing.
* A strong passion for the power of educational technology.
* Associates degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
* Minimum of 2 years sales experience with a proven track record of telesales and customer satisfaction success.
* Education industry experience preferred either public (school/district teaching or management) or private (company within the education industry).
* Ambitious, dedicated and passionate individual, with a strong desire to achieve.
* Experience in selling complex products in consultative manner via phone.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and customer focus skills.
* Excellent prioritization, organizational, and analytical skills.
* Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment.
* A “can do” attitude to everyday challenges, motivated and target driven
* Driven, detailed oriented sales professional who is passionate about student achievement
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
North Carolina, NC, Charlotte