Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts and state/regional educational service agencies to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional development, and engagement within the global community. The Customer Experience team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our partnerships.
The Partner Success Associate Manager is the primary post-sale point of contact for Discovery Education’s state, regional, and district partners, responsible for ensuring seamless integration and deep usage of Discovery Education services. The Associate Manager builds strong and productive relationships with state, regional, and district partners facilitates effective internal and external activity & communication, and clearly demonstrates the educational impact of Discovery Education’s services.
The Associate Manager works in-person and remotely with state, regional, and district stakeholders from Discovery Education’s large districts to define district goals and metrics for success in order to inform strategic plans. The plans cover the functional, technical and operational tactics related to Discovery Education’s services as well as broader strategies covering user management, stakeholder communication, professional development, instructional usage, community and in-person events. The Associate Manager works across the district to bring the plan to life, continually assesses the progress of the partnership, and makes adjustments and recommendations as necessary to achieve the goals.
The Partner Success Associate Manager will be instrumental and accountable in supporting the Partner Success team with renewing and upselling within accounts, to ensure the team meets the corporate renewal and upsell objectives. This includes working with Partner Success regional teams to provide internal account health updates, prepare partner presentations and generate/ analyze usage data and provide usage stim, engage in customer-facing lifecycle management activities, support marketing campaigns and customer outreach, actively recruit partners for DE events and track accepted invites, manage contract addendum queue in SF and act as an internal/external POC for such addendums, and act as a liaison between the Partner Success, Customer Support and Marketing teams.
As needs change from the field, the Partner Success Associate Manager will work with the Partner Success Leadership team to prioritize responsibilities and support accounts accordingly. This role reports to the Regional Director of Partner Success.
Develop strategic plans in collaboration with state, regional, and district partners
1. Partner with contacts to evaluate and establish goals and set measurable objectives
2. Develop comprehensive plans that include technology, customer support, professional development, service usage, community-building, data, research & evaluation, and communications
3. Collaboratively establish structured rollout plans including user management, Professional Development support, and stakeholder communications
4. Ensure execution on contracted deliverables
5. Develop strategies to integrate Community and Professional Development into rollout plans
6. Establish and build strong, trusting relationships with key post-sale contacts
Execute and monitor plans to ensure successful partnerships
7. Execute implementation plans, driving timely execution of contracted deliverables and deep, effective product usage
8. Measure progress against established checkpoint goals, adjust the plan as necessary to ensure success
9. Work collaboratively with the implementation point of contact to identify barriers and develop strategies to ensure success as specified in goals
10. Analyze usage reporting to identify trends and message trends to partners along with concrete plans to address negative trends
11. Prepare data for and lead quarterly reviews with key stakeholders
12. Interpret, prioritize, communicate, and manage partnership requests and issues both internally and with partners
13. Effectively manage assigned partners by evaluating account health and prioritizing outreach efforts
14. Provide on-going account support
15. Document and communicate resolutions and known issues to external and internal customers
16. Act as the Discovery Education product expert, providing customers with product support and training via e-mail, phone, and/or webinar
17. Identify accounts that are in jeopardy due to persistent technical or account issues and escalate, providing recommended course of action to restore customer satisfaction
18. Identify potential ways to grow the partnership based on district goals and communicate opportunities back to the partnerships team
19. Coordinate and partner to lead high-value in-person events to drive awareness and service adoption in support of goals
20. Additional projects and responsibilities to be assigned as needed
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 3 - 5 years of experience in K-12 education and/or account management
* Teaching, instructional coordinator/specialist, or administrator level experience are a plus
* Knowledge and experience with digital media and demonstrated understanding of the changing role of digital media in learning
* Strong PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and web 2.0 platforms
* Knowledge of Internet concepts (bandwidth, video streaming, etc.)
* Extremely well organized and detail oriented, with strong project management and analytical skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
* Candidate must be willing to travel (~35%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, MD, Maryland, DMV, Washington DC