This position will be responsible for building the analytics function and platform as well as owning the insights to drive improvements to the Discovery Kids platform. We need a businesssavvy, analytics powerhouse that is capable of digging through complex data sets to address strategic and operational business questions.
1. Lead the analytics function by analyzing large, complex data sets representing the behavior of millions of mobile video viewers and game players to address strategic and operational business questions
2. Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure data influences decisions at all levels.
3. Own the insights to drive the needle moving improvements by working with all organization from engineering to marketing
4. Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions from mobile / game data to shape features, game economies and future product roadmaps
5. Develop and maintain dashboard to report on KPI results to Discovery Kids internal and external stakeholders.
6. Communicate clearly and in an effective manner with internal & external partners
7. Provide feedback to the core platform, content and games teams to ensure their teams are aligned with our KPI goals during product development and after product launch to increase conversion rates new subscribers and retention rates for existing subscribers.
8. Work with engineering and platform product team to ensure that the appropriate data is available from the product.
* Analytical rigor, hardwork ethic and a good business intuition
* 5+ years of industry experience in marketing analytics, consumer analytics or data science role
* 3+ years working with large consumer mobile and/or gaming applications
* Working knowledge of SQL and comfort working in large data sets
* Experience in conducting analyses to drive business impact
* Experience communicating with business leaders and crossfunctional stakeholders
* B.S. (graduate degree a plus) from a top institution in a quantitative or scientific field (Math/Stats, Economics, CS, Engineering, Physics, Psychology or similar)
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Los Angeles, LA, CA, California